Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Dude has put up an average of ~4500 yards and 30TDs while winning ROY and going to the ProBowl twice by age 24 and you can't think of anything worse?

#allquarterbackssuck

While playing in Arizona, LA, Seattle, etc. And did you forget about the cancerous attitude ?

59 minutes ago, Leader said:

IF he was actually retiring - which he's not IMO - I could see him announcing it "alone" on a venue of his choice: i.e. McAfee's place.

That would be the epitome of an ******* if that is the way he retired. Also, two HOF QBs retired this year, and he won't be the #1 ticket in that class if he retires now. Don't think for a second, he hasn't thought about that either. 

I could see the Packers announcing an extension with Rodgers tomorrow and him doing that on McAfee. That would be understandable as well as the Packers announcing they are going to trade him per his request. 

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That would be the epitome of an ******* if that is the way he retired. Also, two HOF QBs retired this year, and he won't be the #1 ticket in that class if he retires now. Don't think for a second, he hasn't thought about that either. 

I could see the Packers announcing an extension with Rodgers tomorrow and him doing that on McAfee. That would be understandable as well as the Packers announcing they are going to trade him per his request. 

Chance of him going on a TV show to announce he wants out is about 2%.  

What are the chances of a already worked out Aaron Rodgers trade being kept quiet in today's age?  Not happening.

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Chance of him going on a TV show to announce he wants out is about 2%.  

What are the chances of a already worked out Aaron Rodgers trade being kept quiet in today's age?  Not happening.

Not what I said. You read that into my statement. I said, Gute could announce they are trading him per his request. I did NOT say there was a trade worked out at this point. 

11 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Any player who is a cancer is a worse case scenario. Why are you ignoring that tidbit ???

Because that's something neither one of us has any firsthand knowledge on, I don't get overly swayed by twitter gossip, and I don't agree that is a worst case scenario.

Bill Huber / SI -  Last offseason, Green Bay Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst and his right-hand man, Russ Ball, inserted void years into the contracts of four contracts to help the team deal with a challenging salary cap.

At 3 p.m. Monday, all those contracts officially voided. From a personnel perspective, it means nothing. From a financial perspective, it’s a bit more fuel added to the team’s burning cap situation.

- De’Vondre Campbell

- Kevin King

- Robert Tonyan

- Chandon Sullivan

Added together, that’s almost $6.66 million of money thrown onto the team’s already-problematic 2022 salary cap. With that, the team is almost $53 million over the cap.

That the contracts voided doesn’t mean those players won’t return to the Packers. The Packers must be in compliance with the salary cap at the start of the league-year on March 16.

• Like 1