Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

23 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Does it give you any pause that Campbell is one of a long list of inside linebackers that has looked good under Barry only to go elsewhere and prove to be just a JAG? Cory Littleton being the most recent example.

Why yes, yes it does. Hopefully this pattern continues with whatever 4th round rookie ILB we start next to Barnes if Campbell prices himself out of town.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  Kenny Clark's new contract restructure:
🔹2022 cap reduced $10.892M
🔹Added 2 void years
🔹Now the current dead cap leader at $28.615M

This one was expected and glad they got almost 11 million in cap reduction. The two Smith's and Cobb cuts get us under the cap I do believe. Anticipating at least one of the Smith's is cut the other possibly extended. Cobb is s no brainer and so is Crosby. 

Let's sign/extend Jaire and get his number down by 6-8 million next. 

BTW, this move was happening regardless of the Rodgers situation. I think they are moving on these now to get in a situation to tag Adams. 

Edited by Old Guy

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This one was expected and glad they got almost 11 million in cap reduction. The two Smith's and Cobb cuts get us under the cap I do believe. Anticipating at least one of the Smith's is cut the other possibly extended. Cobb is s no brainer and so is Crosby. 

According to OTC, we're still about $8.2M over the cap with those 3 moves.  A straight Bakh restructure puts us around $0, but a restructure with void years added would get us under the cap.

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Interesting.   2 voided years to push it out as far as possible.   Clark is likely a good option for a 3rd contract, so the voided years probably won't come into play

Yah, he's 26, not really injury prone and playing great football.  This was a no brainer.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

According to OTC, we're still about $8.2M over the cap with those 3 moves.  A straight Bakh restructure puts us around $0, but a restructure with void years added would get us under the cap.

My math must have been wrong. I thought the Smiths were worth about 29 million and Cobb and additional 6? Either way, we have a ways to go and some obvious moves to help get us there. 

Edited by Old Guy

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

My math must have been wrong. I thought the Smiths were worth about 29 million and Cobb and additional 6? Either way, we have a ways to go and some obvious moves to help get us there. 

Assuming my math is right, we're about $42.7M over the cap right now.  Preston Smith ($12.5M), Za'Darius Smith ($15.3M), and Randall Cobb ($6.7M) combine for about $34.5M saved.  Spotrac has us at $37.7M over right now, while OTC has us at $42.7M.  We're close enough within striking distance either way, but we have a gaping hole at EDGE now.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Assuming my math is right, we're about $42.7M over the cap right now.  Preston Smith ($12.5M), Za'Darius Smith ($15.3M), and Randall Cobb ($6.7M) combine for about $34.5M saved.  Spotrac has us at $37.7M over right now, while OTC has us at $42.7M.  We're close enough within striking distance either way, but we have a gaping hole at EDGE now.

When they voided the contracts of Tonyan, King, Sullivan (and somebody else) a few days ago - we added 6.6M to this years cap load.