Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The fact that Aaron Rodgers is the "woman of your dreams" in this comparison says all I need to know about your mindset on this issue. The rest of us are Packer fans, not Rodgers fans. 

We both know that’s not what I meant,

What I really am trying to convey is how if we keep Rodgers, and win the division and make the playoffs everyone here who’s being a big tough guy about it will be back pedaling like they did this year (until we lost in the playoffs).

Save me the drama. At least I’ll get to enjoy the playoff run without being a tool this year.

47 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

It is deliberately so. So is the assertion that we can't win with Rodgers in the postseason.

2-3 in his last five playoff games. With two years of not making the playoffs the years before that. With him playing anywhere between awful and middling in those 3 losses. 

Where is this confidence that Rodgers is somehow going to turn into a post season killer coming from?

19 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

We both know that’s not what I meant,

What I really am trying to convey is how if we keep Rodgers, and win the division and make the playoffs everyone here who’s being a big tough guy about it will be back pedaling like they did this year (until we lost in the playoffs).

Save me the drama. At least I’ll get to enjoy the playoff run without being a tool this year.

If we mortgage the future, have a great regular season, and then flame out in the regular season, people are going to be pissed as hell. Again.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hitnhope said:

If they are going to pay him that now, why would they drop the year off the contract?  My problem is with Gute, he messed this up from his beginning.  Everything he has done with Rodgers was the wrong thing, from drafting Love too early to dropping a contract year, to even considering an offer of this type.

Rodgers has played him like a fiddle.   I cant ever blame the player for getting what they can.  The GM is supposed to manage the process, not make it as bad as it possibly could be.  Next he will offer to make Adams the highest paid receiver in the NFL.   He already made Bahktiari the highest paid tackle in the NFL.    Incompetence all around.

They are a gutless bunch apparently.  They're presented with the perfect dropping off point that includes a string of draft picks/players, but can't seem to let go of that comfort zone that Rodgers provides them.  I'm going to root the Packers on no matter which way it goes, but my guess is that they bring back Rodgers for another year or two and at the end of that we have no titles, no future QB, and major cap issues.  

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Incompetence the rest of the league would love to have.  39-10 over the last three years.  Superb Owl worthy roster.  A roster so deep it overcame losing Bak, Z and Jaire to head into the post season as SB favorites?

You love to bit** about him without ever providing an alternative path.  That's whining.

If you think the rest of the league envies our last 3 years I would suggest you have the wrong goal in mind.  We have won a total of ZERO Super bowls in that time frame.

How many posts have we read with people complaining about Rodgers and salary cap issues?    The Rodgers saga was manufactured by Gute.   The salary cap problems are managed by Gute.

We do overall have a very good roster.  that doesn't mean that we haven't messed up in some very key areas.  Such as managing the relationship with the best player on the team who has been key in making that regular season record happen.

He still has done such a poor job with 1/3 of the game (ST) reulting  in the solid roster not yielding any dividends.

I gave the alternate path 3 years ago.  Was ridiculed on this board for saying that the drafting of Love was going to cause a ton of problems.

As I have heard repetitively about Rodgers supporters on this board -  When are you going to escape Gute's jockstrap and see the forest for the tree's?  The guy made the problems of the last couple years, and now is showing signs of fright in carrying out his plan.   After his moves the past couple years with this roster, signing Rodgers to anything like a $50 Million deal should be grounds for having a very short leash.

MLF should be receiving scrutiny as well for his decision in the last 2 NFC championship games to shuffle the OL completely around with very poor results.   Instead it is easier for many to simply blame it all on Rodgers.   While Rodgers could have played better, that line of thinking ignores many fatal decisions along the way. 

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

YES! I want to see Jordan Love rather than the petulant child, Rodgers. You're excited for 2 more years of making the playoffs and then choking. 

What is the difference between 13-4 and losing in the playoffs and 7-11 and missing the playoffs? What is even worse is after two more years of Rodgers, Love is gone, and nobody is waiting in the wings. 

This is asinine! I think the reason Rodgers is so willing, apparently to come back, is if he leaves to 'win it,' somewhere else he'll fail, and people will look at Stafford and start to figure it out. I think he's afraid of that comparison if he leaves and doesn't win it. The past two years, guys with their new team won it. Rodgers can't handle that pressure. 

You are assuming because he couldn't get it done in the past few years that he won't in the future.  What do they always say on Wall Street?  Past performance is no guarantee of future results.  And you're ready to ship his tail out even if he wins a SB in the next 2 years for someone else?  If you are so sure he'll fail if he goes elsewhere why are other teams inquiring about him?  Most GMs in a need of a QB will take him in a heartbeat because having him on their roster makes their team a contender on day one. 

The difference between going 13-4 and losing in the playoffs and 7-11 and missing the playoffs then you don't get into the playoffs you and even give yourself a chance.  

10 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Rodgers may have won the MVP but I don't think he's the best in the league.  I'd take Burrow or Allen over him right now.  Regardless it's fine for them to put some numbers together but common guys really?  Do we really have to make him the highest paid player in the league?  Reeks of desperation.  We'll see what gets worked out.  They tried doing this last year and Rodgers declined their offer.  Said it wasn't about money.  We'll see what happens.  Don't like this report one bit. This is not on Rodgers it's on Gute and Ball.  

If they are so desperate to give Rodgers a contract like this it speaks volumes on how they feel about Love.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You are assuming because he couldn't get it done in the past few years that he won't in the future.  What do they always say on Wall Street?  Past performance is no guarantee of future results.  And you're ready to ship his tail out even if he wins a SB in the next 2 years for someone else?  If you are so sure he'll fail if he goes elsewhere why are other teams inquiring about him?  Most GMs in a need of a QB will take him in a heartbeat because having him on their roster makes their team a contender on day one. 

The difference between going 13-4 and losing in the playoffs and 7-11 and missing the playoffs then you don't get into the playoffs you and even give yourself a chance.  

The 7-11 is a one-year deal until the young players figure it out. Then you are back in the playoffs, with your salary cap in order and able to compete and keep your roster together. 

After these two years of Rodgers, we are going to take a 48-million-dollar cap hit if the reports are true. We will have to purge our roster and start completely over. Love will leave as there is no way we'd give him a 5th year option with no experience and the cap situation we are in. 

Giving Rodgers that sort of contract is malpractice.

Just now, Old Guy said:

The 7-11 is a one-year deal until the young players figure it out. Then you are back in the playoffs, with your salary cap in order and able to compete and keep your roster together. 

After these two years of Rodgers, we are going to take a 48-million-dollar cap hit if the reports are true. We will have to purge our roster and start completely over. Love will leave as there is no way we'd give him a 5th year option with no experience and the cap situation we are in. 

Giving Rodgers that sort of contract is malpractice.

Why would Love leave?  It is clear they feel Love isn't ready to start and I don't see other GMs beating down the door for his services.  

20 hours ago, Leader said:

Did CLE know before LeBron announced on ESPN (?) that he was leaving?

You really are out there in smurf land if you think these two situations are the same!

You do now quietly acknowledge that offers have been made for Rodgers and both sides have those results, right?  I mean not just because it's been reported all over the place that it has taken place, but more so common sense tells us this would have to happen for the team to do its due diligence AND for ol Rodg to be able to consider all alternatives...

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Why would Love leave?  It is clear they feel Love isn't ready to start and I don't see other GMs beating down the door for his services.  

Would you give a guy a 5th year option at over 20 million dollars if he's never played? 

As far as other GM's wanting him you and I have no idea if there were conversations about his availability or not. As @CWood21has stated, he's better than any QB in this draft upcoming. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

2-3 in his last five playoff games. With two years of not making the playoffs the years before that. With him playing anywhere between awful and middling in those 3 losses. 

Where is this confidence that Rodgers is somehow going to turn into a post season killer coming from?

Always with the extremes. Not everyone sees the world in absolutes. 

Being able to win with Rodgers is different from anyone saying he'll become a "post season killer". It's really pathetic that you have to put words in everyone's mouth to defend your paper-thin argument. 

Rodgers played fine in the playoffs this year. Not elite, but enough for us to win if everyone else on offense and ST didn't fall apart. 

5 minutes ago, 15412 said:

You really are out there in smurf land if you think these two situations are the same!

You do now quietly acknowledge that offers have been made for Rodgers and both sides have those results, right?  I mean not just because it's been reported all over the place that it has taken place, but more so common sense tells us this would have to happen for the team to do its due diligence AND for ol Rodg to be able to consider all alternatives...

If Green Bay has no plans on trading him, why would they tell him what is being offered in trades and by who? That would only stoke the flames of Rodgers wanting to leave. Why piss the guy off if the intention is to keep him? 

17 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If Green Bay has no plans on trading him, why would they tell him what is being offered in trades and by who? That would only stoke the flames of Rodgers wanting to leave. Why piss the guy off if the intention is to keep him? 

Right, because telling a narcissist they're desirable just makes them so angry 🙄

Look, the Packers brass obviously prefer to have him back. They know that the only way to do so is to have open and honest communication with him. Make him feel like a part of the team building process. It's what he wanted. If they're serious about keeping him, they'll keep those lines of communication wide open so he's fully apprised of the situation - including what's being offered for him - which makes him more likely to stay. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If we mortgage the future, have a great regular season, and then flame out in the regular season, people are going to be pissed as hell. Again.

I don’t care if we have a decade of losing seasons, this team is not going to win the Super Bowl minus Rodgers/Adams. We can’t compete. But with them, we have a chance. It’s easy to say 2-3 over the last 3 years but we were also Kevin King away from beating the Bucs 2 years ago. That’s not on Rodgers or the offense. 

RUN IT BACK! And enjoy it before it’s gone.

• Like 2