Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

16 minutes ago, Chili said:

One year contract but includes a voidable year.....how does that even work?

Does that mean he actually have a two year contract but we have the option of voiding it after one year?

It's a 1 year deal that manages to have less cap hit in 2022 but then you'd have some dead cap in 2023 when the contract voids. 

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I wonder if the contract allows the Packers to franchise Tonyan in 2023, since the Franchise number for TEs is like $10m.

I thought someone on the board said if you have a voidable year you cannot use the tag on that player. I could be wrong about that though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I wonder if the contract allows the Packers to franchise Tonyan in 2023, since the Franchise number for TEs is like $10m.

You savage...Davante's blood is still fresh on your hands...but the lure of cheap labor and/or draft picks too irresistible  :)

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

As other have pointed out already tags cannot be used with voided years, another disadvantage to void years is giving up the chance at compensatory picks.