Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

40 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Why? He is clearly one of the WRs in this class that fits GB in almost every metric. He is just poor in the agility metrics… but his agility metrics are very similar to Jordy.

I thought he The gif implied we pass on Jordy 2 ( bc th glove dosent fit OJ) which was why i was saying the revolt. 

19 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If we can get him extended for what Ramsey and Ward got, I want him back. If he's holding out for 25 a year average with a ton guaranteed, I'd certainly entertain the thought. 

I'm not convinced JC Jackson isn't a system guy and flops in his new home. 

Now, if the Jets were dumb enough to give us 4 and 10 or the Giants 5 & 7, I'd give it some thought because we could get Thibodeaux and Stingley. Unfortunately, teams aren't that dumb. 

Not necessarily JC Jackson but a player of his caliber. All depends on how Stokes looks. If he takes the next step this year and looks like a bonafide #1, Jaire certainly becomes expendable. 

Just now, Mdpackfan22 said:

Not necessarily JC Jackson but a player of his caliber. All depends on how Stokes looks. If he takes the next step this year and looks like a bonafide #1, Jaire certainly becomes expendable. 

there is not a player on the market that would be of that level.  If you deal jaire now before the draft, you are rolling into 2023 with Douglas, Stokes and a high draft pick as your top 3 CB.  

Just now, squire12 said:

there is not a player on the market that would be of that level.  If you deal jaire now before the draft, you are rolling into 2023 with Douglas, Stokes and a high draft pick as your top 3 CB.  

I'm talking after this season. Let him play out his 5th year option, see the progress of Stokes and see where Rodgers is at.

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Certainly possible.  That also might push CB up the needs list for draft in 2022.

This is part of why I'm so high on Dax Hill or, to a lesser extent, Jalen Pitre. Both are projectable as slot corners or safeties in the league and gives us some flexibility if we should lose Jaire, Savage or both next season.

27 minutes ago, Sandy said:

This is part of why I'm so high on Dax Hill or, to a lesser extent, Jalen Pitre. Both are projectable as slot corners or safeties in the league and gives us some flexibility if we should lose Jaire, Savage or both next season.

Watch Damarious Randall at ASU again, then watch Dax Hill.  I think they are super similar.  

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Watch Damarious Randall at ASU again, then watch Dax Hill.  I think they are super similar.  

I'll check out Randall's college tape, hadn't considered that comp yet. Dax is a good deal longer than Randall but I can see it a bit already.

Maybe I'm just smitten but I see Chuck Woodson w/o the ball skills.