Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

Bahktiari needs to be good/ great without Rodgers.  He could get dinged for having Rodgers as his QB.  Narrative being.... blocking for an all time great, elusive and top tier scramble drill/ 2nd reaction QB that made  Bahktiari job "easier".

Anyone who watched GB for like 5 minutes would know that Rodgers lone flaw at his peak was that he'd take a dumb sack rather than throw an even slightly questionable pass.

21 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Anyone who watched GB for like 5 minutes would know that Rodgers lone flaw at his peak was that he'd take a dumb sack rather than throw an even slightly questionable pass.

Totally true, but that may not be the narrative that gets most traction 

24 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

lone flaw lol

• Like 2

16 hours ago, thrILL! said:

🙄 the Kenny Clark slander continues...

How did either of us slander Kenny Clark? Do you rate him in Q Williams of Simmons category? I have him in the group below the top few guys. 

I love Kenny Clark, said so in my post, but unless he dominates this year, I would not be giving him the 3rd contract. That is not slanderous in the least. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How did either of us slander Kenny Clark? Do you rate him in Q Williams of Simmons category? I have him in the group below the top few guys. 

I love Kenny Clark, said so in my post, but unless he dominates this year, I would not be giving him the 3rd contract. That is not slanderous in the least. 

I've long wondered if Kenny is really that good, or if we are used to DL being just that bad that he looks really good by default.

I too have him in a third tier group.  First tier is lonely as it is just Aaron Donald.  Then there are a few others, Q, being one of them.  Then Clark.  And that's fine.  Kenny is still a very fine player who has been very durable.

I would think that he'd be in line for another deal.  No reason not to.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I've long wondered if Kenny is really that good, or if we are used to DL being just that bad that he looks really good by default.

I too have him in a third tier group.  First tier is lonely as it is just Aaron Donald.  Then there are a few others, Q, being one of them.  Then Clark.  And that's fine.  Kenny is still a very fine player who has been very durable.

I would think that he'd be in line for another deal.  No reason not to.

Yes, there is a reason not to. It would be if he wants to be the highest paid DT In football and has another good, not great year. Which was my original point when I was accused of slandering him. 

23 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Yes, there is a reason not to. It would be if he wants to be the highest paid DT In football and has another good, not great year. Which was my original point when I was accused of slandering him. 

He's not dumb.  He's not sniffing Donald money.  He and his agent should know that he isn't in that kind of category as a player.

Course, I say that, but then I see that his last deal was the largest deal (at that time) given to a NT.

So yeah, I get what you are saying.  

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

He's not dumb.  He's not sniffing Donald money.  He and his agent should know that he isn't in that kind of category as a player.

Course, I say that, but then I see that his last deal was the largest deal (at that time) given to a NT.

So yeah, I get what you are saying.  

Donald's deal is now less per year average than Simmons and Q Williams. 

On 7/13/2023 at 8:15 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

Sometimes that’s the best play, sometimes not. I’m not sure that quality is necessarily a bad one

On 7/14/2023 at 10:51 AM, Old Guy said:

Apples to oranges though. Do you think either of those guys play a true NT as well as Clark? I’d argue no.

Still not sure I’d give him a 3rd contract but just because that’s a lot of money for a guy who doesn’t get to the QB all that often. Unless I had money to spare and already had an excellent 3T & 5T

On 7/13/2023 at 9:15 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

one of his many talents was knowing when to fold em lol

he didn't hesitate throwing over the middle to Cobb, Adams, Nelson, Jennings etc. the trouble with throwing over the middle to receivers ya havn't built a lot of chemistry with is the receiver not being at the catch point and instead a DB is there, which can often happen in that first 10 or so yards between the hash marks, lots of traffic in there.

our problems since about 2014 on, is health, and skill set of available WR's, just to many raw WR's that Rodgers hadn't built trust with

Edited by turf toe

10 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Rodgers always needs a deep WR room to succeed. That's why he might do well at the Jets.

And also a great oline too. That's why he might not do well at the Jets.

Not convinced he as a great offensive line at all. In fact, they are very thin on the o-line and need a guy like Mekhi Beckton to really show he's going to be elite. Not sure that happens. They are counting on a 37-year-old LT as well. 

I just don't see that o-line as great. 

Are they really even 5 deep at WR counting Randall Cobb as 5? Mecole Hardman is a JAG. Denzel Mims is aspiring to become a JAG. I'll give them Wilson, Davis and Lazard as legit. 

I'll make a bold prediction, at the end of the year our top three will look better than their top three. Throw in our two TE's and 2 RB's and we will have a better offense they than do.