Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

58 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Agreed on Rodgers playing not to lose in the playoffs.  That loss to the 49'ers was an abomination.  The 4th quarter of the Tampa playoff loss was despicable on offense.  As you say Ol' Rodg tightened up like a snare drum instead of going for the kill.

ahhhhhh, come on, that SF loss had more to do with dropped passes, blocked punts,  FG's, fumbles, then it did about Rodgers not playing to win, I agree he didn't seem to play as well against Tampa, but neither did Brady, there team simply out played us imo.

and playing mistake free does actually win most PO games

11 minutes ago, turf toe said:

ahhhhhh, come on, that SF loss had more to do with dropped passes, blocked punts,  FG's, fumbles, then it did about Rodgers not playing to win, I agree he didn't seem to play as well against Tampa, but neither did Brady, there team simply out played us imo.

Rodgers lost a playoff game.  At home.  When his defense didn't give up a touchdown.

The Rodgers led offense managed...let me check...10 points.  

Any way you want to spin it, it's bad.  Qb's get too much credit when a team wins and probably too much blame when it loses.  But this one stung because he was very, very mediocre.  When you pay your franchise QB that much and you have a game at home to get you to the game that send you to the Big Game, at home....you expect more than that.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, turf toe said:

Explain to me how they outplayed us exactly? 

here is the box score for your recollection.

San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers 2021 POST 2 - Game Center (nfl.com)

51 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Explain to me how they outplayed us exactly? 

here is the box score for your recollection.

San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers 2021 POST 2 - Game Center (nfl.com)

serious??? I just told you this stuff, we had a costly fumble, a blocked punt, a blocked FG and about 6 or 7 dropped passes, now they didn't score a ton of points from these blunder on our part, but the killers we didn't score any, and those mistakes ended every drive, Tae dropped a perfect pass right to him in the EZ, these are the reason we lost, why is it fans always blame the QB? well they got ta blame someone😎

29 minutes ago, turf toe said:

serious??? I just told you this stuff, we had a costly fumble, a blocked punt, a blocked FG and about 6 or 7 dropped passes, now they didn't score a ton of points from these blunder on our part, but the killers we didn't score any, and those mistakes ended every drive, Tae dropped a perfect pass right to him in the EZ, these are the reason we lost, why is it fans always blame the QB? well they got ta blame someone😎

Because for over a decade, he's melted in the biggest moments/opportunities to pull out wins. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Because for over a decade, he's melted in the biggest moments/opportunities to pull out wins. 

In the end, a Rodgers led offense scored 10 points, at home, in a playoff game.  Lost to a team when GB's defense (for once) didn't give up a touchdown.

Lazard wide open, I think ESB is 1:1 going deep with a step or two on a safety...and Rodgers heaves it into double coverage.

But the problem was that there wasn't enough talent to run the play.

56 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

In the end, a Rodgers led offense scored 10 points, at home, in a playoff game.  Lost to a team when GB's defense (for once) didn't give up a touchdown.

Lazard wide open, I think ESB is 1:1 going deep with a step or two on a safety...and Rodgers heaves it into double coverage.

But the problem was that there wasn't enough talent to run the play.

He predetermined where that ball was going. The other guys were invisible to him. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He predetermined where that ball was going. The other guys were invisible to him. 

If I'm remembering it correctly...the game...I think an obscene % of his passes went to Adams or Jones.  I think that Lazard got exactly one target, for one catch and one first down, on a very low throw on third down.

He was hyper focused on Adams and Jones that entire game.

57 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If I'm remembering it correctly...the game...I think an obscene % of his passes went to Adams or Jones.  I think that Lazard got exactly one target, for one catch and one first down, on a very low throw on third down.

29 passes. 21 he targeted Jones or Adams. Lazard once. Cobb once. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

He threw at their feet early and often too esp Adams.  

• Like 1