Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

The worst part about all of this is that Benkert is a 3rd string guy who is talking as if he thinks he should have commanded more respect than that. It’d be different if he were actually on the bubble of being a starting QB. I’m not sure there’s a player that’s been on the roster these last 4+ years that I care less about their opinion of MLF than a roster bubble guy who became an outspoken twitch streamer. 

I also think he’s full of schit about the scheme being “outdated” - the bones of the offense is the scheme du jour around the NFL. It is the offense that teams are most coveting to emulate. You can argue that LaFleur’s version is not well executed and not called as well as the other Shanahan coaches, but I think the “scheme” being outdated is pure horse crap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

That's just a weird chart especially that middle class tier. Packers shouldn't be anywhere near Seattle or TB right now for anyone who actually watches football, but then again, the Vikings and Raiders don't belong there either. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

That's just a weird chart especially that middle class tier. Packers shouldn't be anywhere near Seattle or TB right now for anyone who actually watches football, but then again, the Vikings and Raiders don't belong there either. 

Outside of noting the Packers position, I didnt pay much attention to it.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Also what exactly has Dallas done to be a tier above Detroit

18 hours ago, Isherwood said:

The worst part about all of this is that Benkert is a 3rd string guy who is talking as if he thinks he should have commanded more respect than that. It’d be different if he were actually on the bubble of being a starting QB. I’m not sure there’s a player that’s been on the roster these last 4+ years that I care less about their opinion of MLF than a roster bubble guy who became an outspoken twitch streamer. 

I also think he’s full of schit about the scheme being “outdated” - the bones of the offense is the scheme du jour around the NFL. It is the offense that teams are most coveting to emulate. You can argue that LaFleur’s version is not well executed and not called as well as the other Shanahan coaches, but I think the “scheme” being outdated is pure horse crap.

How many QBs have had direct access to MLF for an entire year and have seen his everyday process tho?  Not saying I agree with everything Kurt said but you have to admit that he had a level of daily access which gives him some insight into MLF as a HC whether you agree with his takes or not.  Maybe there’s bitterness but it’s not like MLF hasn’t shown his own deficiencies. 

7 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

How many QBs have had direct access to MLF for an entire year and have seen his everyday process tho?  Not saying I agree with everything Kurt said but you have to admit that he had a level of daily access which gives him some insight into MLF as a HC whether you agree with his takes or not.  Maybe there’s bitterness but it’s not like MLF hasn’t shown his own deficiencies. 

Yeah I don't get the animosity here. Outdated maybe isn't what he should have used but he just has a different preference to how he'd want the offense to be played. There was a guy on a podcast, no idea who he was anymore, but he went on about how he doesn't like this style and thinks it isn't the way to play in the NFL in his opinion that I watched this preseason or so. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I was at the game at County Stadium vs Denver where we tied in a torrential downpour. The rain was brutal but as a kid, IDGAF and had a blast lol. Pretty sure that was Majik Man’s first start too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Yeah I don't get the animosity here. Outdated maybe isn't what he should have used but he just has a different preference to how he'd want the offense to be played. There was a guy on a podcast, no idea who he was anymore, but he went on about how he doesn't like this style and thinks it isn't the way to play in the NFL in his opinion that I watched this preseason or so. 

I just really dislike Benkert and his whole post-playing career persona, so it makes me think he’s largely full of it and just trying to get attention. If you’re on Tyler “Ninja” Blevins’ live stream, I don’t think you’re a serious person.