Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I've been searching for "game takeover rate" can't seem to find that one.

He's always doing the "I've never seen X do X for us but every other than us does X all the time." But if we ever do X it doesn't count or is an accident or some ****.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

4 year starters are a miss now? Someone invite Herman here, he'd fit right in with the other pouty sky is falling clowns.

Oren Burks has looked annoyingly competent at LB for SF.  Now that he's out of GB, he'll probably have a fine career. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Oren Burks has looked annoyingly competent at LB for SF.  Now that he's out of GB, he'll probably have a fine career. 

Maybe it's about designing a scheme that matches your players' skill sets? Or we can continue to try to pound square pegs into round holes. Whichever. 

• Like 2

4 year starters are a miss now? Someone invite Herman here, he'd fit right in with the other pouty sky is falling clowns.

I'm fine with this **** if they did it for every team. But they don't.

• Like 2

Herman just blocked me for responding to this, what a clown 🤡 😂😂😂

I couldn't make it through half of his post game pod with the two other clowns that were on it. That really sucked but my gosh. Peter whatever wasn't near as bad as least 

Rob Demovsky -  The Packers lost three defensive players against the Broncos, and at least one of them will have long-term implications. Safety Darnell Savage aggravated a calf injury that he first sustained in the Oct. 9 loss at the Raiders. He left in the second quarter on Sunday at Denver, and a source told ESPN that he will miss multiple weeks and could wind up on injured reserve, which would keep him out of four games minimum.

The Packers also lost defensive tackle Devonte Wyatt (knee) and cornerback Eric Stokes (hamstring) against Denver. Stokes got hurt on a special teams play. It was his first action since last November, when he sustained a foot injury. The Packers were already without cornerback Jaire Alexander (who missed his third game because of a back injury) and linebacker De'Vondre Campbell (who missed the past three games because of an ankle injury).

Herman is as soft as they come, so it's not shocking. I don't insult people for having a take, but if you cant handle someone saying your take is bad, get a new job. Our bloggers are some of the softest out there, Bukowski wasn't having a bad day, he just thinks he's a smarter than everyone because he got paid to Tweet about football. 

Also. Zach.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Fairly sure he is already here, and he is certainly one of the pouty *******.  

51 minutes ago, Norm said:

I couldn't make it through half of his post game pod with the two other clowns that were on it. That really sucked but my gosh. Peter whatever wasn't near as bad as least 

45 minutes ago, Norm said:

Also. Zach.

Lol how many post game podcasts are you watching if you hate them

55 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rob Demovsky -  The Packers lost three defensive players against the Broncos, and at least one of them will have long-term implications. Safety Darnell Savage aggravated a calf injury that he first sustained in the Oct. 9 loss at the Raiders. He left in the second quarter on Sunday at Denver, and a source told ESPN that he will miss multiple weeks and could wind up on injured reserve, which would keep him out of four games minimum.

Been a good run Darnell. Have fun in Minnesota next season.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Lol how many post game podcasts are you watching if you hate them

I got nothing better to listen to at work. Anything better than cable talk. Sometimes they're okay, everyone just way too depressed rn.

The Zach thing was not about a podcast btw lol. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

OK but in fairness to Herman, let's say you divide his list into "Meh" and "Miss", what changes?

Damarious Randall - Meh

Quinten Rollins - Miss

Ty Montgomery - Meh

Jason Spriggs - Miss

Kyler Fackrell - Meh

Kevin King - Meh (injury)

Josh Jones - Miss

Montravius Adams - Meh

Josh Jackson - Miss

Oren Burks - Miss (fit?)

Darnell Savage - Meh

Jace Sternberger - Miss

AJ Dillon - Meh

Josiah Deguara- Miss

Josh Myers - Meh

Amari Rodgers - Miss

8 mehs, 8 misses? I'd say that's a reasonable hit percentage on a third round pick, but it's a good bit tougher for first round picks.

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

I got nothing better to listen to at work. Anything better than cable talk. Sometimes they're okay, everyone just way too depressed rn.

The Zach thing was not about a podcast btw lol. 

Yeah it's just a weird time to be a Packer fan. IMO fans have sorta forgotten that winning is hard, and replacing HOF is not as simple as drafting and sitting them.

9 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

OK but in fairness to Herman, let's say you divide his list into "Meh" and "Miss", what changes?

Damarious Randall - Meh

Quinten Rollins - Miss

Ty Montgomery - Meh

Jason Spriggs - Miss

Kyler Fackrell - Meh

Kevin King - Meh (injury)

Josh Jones - Miss

Montravius Adams - Meh

Josh Jackson - Miss

Oren Burks - Miss (fit?)

Darnell Savage - Meh

Jace Sternberger - Miss

AJ Dillon - Meh

Josiah Deguara- Miss

Josh Myers - Meh

Amari Rodgers - Miss

8 mehs, 8 misses? I'd say that's a reasonable hit percentage on a third round pick, but it's a good bit tougher for first round picks.

You split it between guys who were bad picks and guys who were journeymen. There are a fair number of “busts” that are still playing in the NFL years after leaving Green Bay 

I have several takes after 7 games.

1. While the defense has been a little better, we can’t get a stop when we need one.

2. Our scheme on D at times is infuriating. This 2 DL grouping on most likely running downs is just so stupid and we keep giving up easy first downs. 

3. While I really want to and still feel we need to give Love more time, his accuracy is scary bad at times. 

4. Man our WR’s… It seems like there were over a dozen times 2 or even 3 of them are all in the same area on a pass play. WTF!  Is that on them or the coaching staff or both?

5. WR’s again… we are so soft going up for jump balls. They turn for it, sit and try to basket catch the ball. Never playing like an Alfa and going up strong and hand catching it above their head. Doubs, Toure and Watson two weeks ago against the LVR. Watson and Doubs are tall receivers too. Just soft.

6. our OL is waaaay overrated and Tom belongs at center IMO but if he stays at OT it should be Loves blind side. 

• Like 1