Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's part of GM work .. having cap space to make moves.  We are paying a bunch of people who aren't here, aren't playing, or not playing well.  

you mean the part about having a QB on a rookie contract vs a Veteran being paid top 5 QB money?

1 hour ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah it's just a weird time to be a Packer fan. IMO fans have sorta forgotten that winning is hard, and replacing HOF is not as simple as drafting and sitting them.

I say this all the time, almost all my other teams in other sports suck or have went through it lately. So I'm good. Still sucks. But I haven't given up at all. We're just young. Nobody likes that but that's a huge part

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Come on! What would you have said if he didn’t give Rodgers that contract and let him walk? He would have had the money to get AJ then. 

I for one was calling to do just that. Not necessarily get AJ but trade AR a year earlier and break the bank on draft picks. 

However I don’t blame Gute for giving it another shot. 

Then there should be no pissin and moaning about what's going on with the Packers right now.  Rodgers got his money .. Gute gave it a shot and failed .. Packers go on.

40 minutes ago, squire12 said:

you mean the part about having a QB on a rookie contract vs a Veteran being paid top 5 QB money?

We have had a QB on a rookie deal  for years and we put him in bubble wrap for three years of that cheap deal.  That's what made taking a QB in the first place a head scratcher. Not looking like a very good move for the organization at this point in time.  All time GM screwup if Love busts. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We have had a QB on a rookie deal  for years and we put him in bubble wrap for three years of that cheap deal.  That's what made taking a QB in the first place a head scratcher. Not looking like a very good move for the organization at this point in time.  All time GM screwup if Love busts. 

It really isn't. Paying him and then having him bust like Denver and Cleveland have is far far worse.

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Um because Hurts is 20 something and Rodgers is 40? You can kind of spread that deal out a bit further. Isn't this common sense???

Um .. yup.  That's what makes the Rodgers deal so nasty.  He held the Packers hostage wanting to always being the highest paid qb instead of wanting championships.  Packers got hosed big time.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It really isn't. Paying him and then having him bust like Denver and Cleveland have is far far worse.

When you are as cashed strapped as the Packers were/are .. it's always a big deal.  Right now the Packers are paying the piper. 

Looks like Eagles GM has just done it again.  The traded for Titans 2 time all pro safety Kevin Byard giving up a safety Edmunds plus a 5th and 6th round draft choice.  Their secondary was beat up and made this move to fortify it.  Good gm's do what they have to do without hesitation.  Some teams have it .. most teams don't. 

4 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Looks like Eagles GM has just done it again.  The traded for Titans 2 time all pro safety Kevin Byard giving up a safety Edmunds plus a 5th and 6th round draft choice.  Their secondary was beat up and made this move to fortify it.  Good gm's do what they have to do without hesitation.  Some teams have it .. most teams don't. 

It sickens me when these good teams get better and better.  There's a hunger there to win another championship and Howie is going for it again.  

• Like 1