Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Wouldn't average be bad in the first half, good in the 2nd half?

Isn't that what we are?

I look at that list and I see incompetence. Sorry if that sounds harsh...it's not intended that way, but geeezzz thats a long list of nothing good happening. Nothing. My problem is there's too many reasons it could be happening - and/or - two many people to be pissed at.

Definition: ****show.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

It would be if the offense was as good in the 2nd half as it is bad in the first half.  It isn't.

I mean it was the best in the NFL in many categories, including points and EPA, two pretty huge ones, coming into today. Wicks probably needs to hang on to that TD to have kept us there, but we'll still be top 5 in both.

22 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It would be if the offense was as good in the 2nd half as it is bad in the first half.  It isn't.

you're getting lost in the sauce a bit on this one

you just need to admit you're wrong about how the offense had performed (like an average NFL offense) so far. You're literally just arguing at the mathematical results of every play and it's mind-numbing to me why people choose to do this.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

you're getting lost in the sauce a bit on this one

you just need to admit you're wrong about how the offense had performed (like an average NFL offense) so far. You're literally just arguing at the mathematical results of every play and it's mind-numbing to me why people choose to do this.

The whole game average discards a lot of context around quality though. Starting slow offensively is tough on a defense. Productivity in garbage time is to be expected.

Averaging play from two different expected productivity distributions is inherently silly

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

The whole game average discards a lot of context around quality though. Starting slow offensively is tough on a defense. Productivity in garbage time is to be expected.

Averaging play from two different expected productivity distributions is inherently silly

DVOA accounts for that