Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's not all Love's fault for sure, but he's got to start getting his players on the same page.  Maybe he already does this, but he needs to demand better from his teammates.  No more Mr. Nice Guy.  It's not like you need to show them up on the field, but he needs to be in Watson's ear after screwups like this.  

You mean.....he needs to be more like AR? :)

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Just needs to be like a starting QB that finds this stuff unacceptable.  Can't always just be there buddy when guys are screwing up and not running routes precisely.

We dont know what they discuss after play or on the sideline or during practice. What we know he's not doing is being demonstative (like AR) on the field during the game.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think Love sailed that throw, I think it's right there if Watson isn't jogging out of his initial break. If Watson doesn't almost stop, that ball hits him right on the 9 in stride. It looks like a sail because Watson had to dive for it after being a lazy turd.

Another unbiased outsider's POV. :)

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Tre's a moron here tbqh. The safety was a full 5 yards away from where Watson would've caught the football if he was in stride. Nothing about that throw would've gotten him killed. Just say your brother is soft and be done with it.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean he's not wrong. When Watson is in the film room no coach is going to negatively grade him for considering this a hole shot and slow playing it. That's the issue here. Scenarios like this happen all the time, Rodgers knew what Adams was going to do. Love has no idea what his guys are going to do yet, and sees the play through only his eyes.

That's why the "4th year in the league," "being young is just an excuse" and all the commentary pertaining to that is quite frankly a steaming pile of bull****.

These are the scenarios that can't be taught until they happen, and they only happen with reps. Hopefully when this happens in December, these two are on the same page and it's an explosive play.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean he's not wrong. When Watson is in the film room no coach is going to negatively grade him for considering this a hole shot and slow playing it. That's the issue here. Scenarios like this happen all the time, Rodgers knew what Adams was going to do. Love has no idea what his guys are going to do yet, and sees the play through only his eyes.

That's why the "4th year in the league," "being young is just an excuse" and all the commentary pertaining to that is quite frankly a steaming pile of bull****.

These are the scenarios that can't be taught until they happen, and they only happen with reps. Hopefully when this happens in December, these two are on the same page and it's an explosive play.

We saw Rodgers make that throw to Davante a hundred times. Nothing about that throw gets Watson killed. That's my issue with how Tre phrased it. That ball hits Watson at the 6 in stride, when Smith is still at the 3-4 yard line and Watson has enough time to make a play on it to cut back to the EZ for the easy touchdown if he doesn't throttle down as much as he did. The timing is off just enough to make everyone look bad right now.

Just now, beekay414 said:

We saw Rodgers make that throw to Davante a hundred times. Nothing about that throw gets Watson killed. That's my issue with how Tre phrased it. That ball hits Watson at the 6 in stride, when Smith is still at the 3-4 yard line and Watson has enough time to make a play on it to cut back to the EZ for the easy touchdown if he doesn't throttle down as much as he did. The timing is off just enough to make everyone look bad right now.

Time for it to end .. we're like in game #8, and the team is as healthy as it's been all year.  

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think you realize how long timing takes to develop. It's certainly not going to change a week later.

I think they should have the majority of issues worked out by now .. they had a full training camp, preseason games, and seven regular season games to get things cleaned up.  I understand it's a work in progress, but we're going backwards.  It's not acceptable play that we are seeing on the field.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I think they should have the majority of issues worked out by now .. they had a full training camp, preseason games, and seven regular season games to get things cleaned up.  I understand it's a work in progress, but we're going backwards.  It's not acceptable play that we are seeing on the field.

So not a full year, yeah? It takes years to get on the level we're used to seeing. It doesn't happen overnight for first year starters and it certainly doesn't happen with insanely young offenses. Herbert and Mahomes aren't the norm. What you think just isn't reality. It's not even the halfway point of the first season together. 

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They both did everything right except connect on the throw. 

Love looks off the safety and that causes him to miss the hole

• Like 1