Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Shhh we aren't inviting @MacReadyremember?

I've never been fully convinced he's a real person. He's a just an AI with a self-repeating algorithm that kicks in whenever someone posts about drafting an OG, TE or WR in the first round or paying ILBs in free agency. 

• Like 2

Still only week 9 but as the Packers venture further into the reality that this season is over, I'd like to see them start playing Van Ness more and Preston less. Smith has 318 snaps through Week 8, Enagbare has 206 (too high) and Van Ness has 170. (Gary at 193)

Van Ness isn't a guy who can't hold his own physically. He literally needs to be out getting game experience. At the very least, start giving him more of Enagbare's snaps. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Still only week 9 but as the Packers venture further into the reality that this season is over, I'd like to seem them start playing Van Ness more and Preston less. Smith has 318 snaps through Week 8, Enagbare has 206 (too high) and Van Ness has 170. (Gary at 193)

Van Ness isn't a guy who can't hold his own physically. He literally needs to be out getting game experience. At the very least, start giving him more of Enagbare's snaps. 

How many snaps has LVN been getting of late?  Seems I see him in there on occasion, but he's not making it on the stat sheet much of late.  Still .. play the guy as much as you can.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still only week 9 but as the Packers venture further into the reality that this season is over, I'd like to see them start playing Van Ness more and Preston less. Smith has 318 snaps through Week 8, Enagbare has 206 (too high) and Van Ness has 170. (Gary at 193)

I suspect that (barring injury) LVN's snap counts will increase as the season progresses. It's never been the Packers way to throw even top draft picks out there from the outset.

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

How many snaps has LVN been getting of late?  Seems I see him in there on occasion, but he's not making it on the stat sheet much of late.  Still .. play the guy as much as you can.

I always use this link for snap count breakdowns

https://www.footballguys.com/stats/snap-counts/teams

1 minute ago, Norm said:

NFL is random. We're gonna drop 40+

I mean we're going to be playing against a 3rd string JV quarterback so that either means our defense is going to force a few turnovers for a change and set up some short fields for the offense to score some points or...........the Rams are going to score 30.