Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

14 hours ago, Leader said:

Or....he's deemed healthy and the contract is reworked to spread that cash across more years.

That would be absolutely stupid. There is no way that they can any more than hope until he's going through it. That is too big a hope to take after 3 years. 

It's time to cut bait and the info suggesting otherwise is flat misstating that there is no advantage.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Seattle looks like they have 4 losses left. Dallas, San Fran, Philly and @Pitt they will be underdogs. 

There seem to be a lot of sputtering teams this year. Inconsistent....hanging around .500.
SEA & PIT are two such team and I've a negative feel for PIT. I suspect that's because of their underachieving offense....but these two teams are evenly matched records-wise...and the game will be in SEA.....so who knows.

25 minutes ago, spilltray said:

That would be absolutely stupid. There is no way that they can any more than hope until he's going through it. That is too big a hope to take after 3 years. 

It's time to cut bait and the info suggesting otherwise is flat misstating that there is no advantage.

Then perhaps that's what they'll do: cut bait - but since I'm not a doctor (and dont play one on social media) I'd prefer they keep him around if they can determine him healthy and reorganize his contract.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Then perhaps that's what they'll do: cut bait - but since I'm not a doctor (and dont play one on social media) I'd prefer they keep him around if they can determine him healthy and reorganize his contract.

The past with Bakh is irrelevant. He wouldn't have chosen to miss the entire season if this surgery didn't have a high chance of success to alleviate his symptoms.  I'm not saying it's time to offer another multi year deal, but if he's willing to renegotiate for 2024, I'd much rather him be on our roster for a 30m hit than on someone else's for 20m. 

• Like 1

Concerning Bakh, I think it is more likely that he plays for the Jets before he plays for the Packers again.  Like 51% to 49%.

I do not disagree totally with @Packerraymond 's post above, Bakh has value.

But, we are winning without him right now and Walker looks passable at LT.  We have the draft to grab another tackle and Tom more than likely has the talent to flip over there and lock down that spot.

We can do a lot with that extra money if Bakh is released.

Ideally, though, a re-structure happens.  But if I'm thinking like Bakh, if I'm going to take a new deal, I'd probably want to play with #12.  If, huge IF, if the Jets allow Rodgers to continue playing GM.  (And they shouldn't.)

Either way, it is kind of a coin flip for me and Bakh's future.  I don't feel like he would leave GB to go somewhere else, unless it is to reunite with Rodgers.  I just don't see him chasing money to be on a new team with new players.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Concerning Bakh, I think it is more likely that he plays for the Jets before he plays for the Packers again.  Like 51% to 49%.

But, we are winning without him right now and Walker looks passable at LT.  We have the draft to grab another tackle and Tom more than likely has the talent to flip over there and lock down that spot.

Ideally, though, a re-structure happens.  But if I'm thinking like Bakh, if I'm going to take a new deal, I'd probably want to play with #12.  If, huge IF, if the Jets allow Rodgers to continue playing GM.  (And they shouldn't.)

Either way, it is kind of a coin flip for me and Bakh's future.  I don't feel like he would leave GB to go somewhere else, unless it is to reunite with Rodgers.  I just don't see him chasing money to be on a new team with new players.

What am I...chopped liver? :)

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think there's a 5% chance he plays for the Jets. I don't think Bakh's personality type, nor being one of the league's most vocal members on turf will go to a city like NY and play on arguably the leagues worst surface. I'd bet a good amount that it's Packers or a contender on grass out West. (KC? Denver? SF?)

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

There seem to be a lot of sputtering teams this year. Inconsistent....hanging around .500.
SEA & PIT are two such team and I've a negative feel for PIT. I suspect that's because of their underachieving offense....but these two teams are evenly matched records-wise...and the game will be in SEA.....so who knows.

Yep, I read the schedule wrong. The Pitt game is in Seattle, so I'd make that one a toss-up. 

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think there's a 5% chance he plays for the Jets. I don't think Bakh's personality type, nor being one of the league's most vocal members on turf will go to a city like NY and play on arguably the leagues worst surface. I'd bet a good amount that it's Packers or a contender on grass out West. (KC? Denver? SF?)

I don't see him going anywhere, except for where Rodgers is playing.  Despite the turf.  

It's either play with Rodgers, play with the Packers or retire.

I can't see him wanting a full re-set.  

I also don't see a high offer coming his way if he is released.  Not after missing all this time with a knee.

So, he may get more money to stay here with a staff that knows him in a city that loves him.

Or he plays with his possible best friend.

That is how I see it.  Guess there could be some wiggle room there if he wanted to chase a ring somewhere.  You bring up KC and SF...I'd say those are possibilities outside of playing with Rodgers, for sure.