Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I suspect they will if in fact he voices to the FO that he doesnt in fact want to be here.
Till he does that....I'm chalking him up to injured.

There's been speculation that there is a rift between Jaire and Barry.  Not sure the validity, but if that's the case and other players feel frustration with Barry then the decision should be easy .. can Barry.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

To eat 24m of cap space, you need a premium trade. No one is giving up premium assets for a guy who didn't play football this year.

Most likely outcome, Jaire is on the roster going forward. 

He doesn't want to be here this year, probably won't want to be here next year either. The answer is cut your losses, not prolong the agony. 

Tell him if he goes and plays his *** off the rest of the year, we'll move him in the off season. 

You can't let this young team see what he's doing and have them think it's OK. That will turn into the culture. Preventing that is worth the 24 million cap hit. 

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

What if he just doesn't want to be here with Barry?

1. Bad precedent culture wise.

2. He's a piece of **** for sitting out games while healthy watching his teammates battle their ***** off. 

Result: Still not a guy you want in your locker room. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

2. He's a piece of **** for sitting out games while healthy watching his teammates battle their ***** off. 

You feel like he's healthy?????

Man, last time I questioned his health, he played with the injured back and looked awful out there.

I also can't see us as an organization who sits healthy starters for no real reason.

I mean, I've seen some bad takes on here.  Even offered up a few myself, but your #2 above is about as #2 as it can get.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

This Jaire stuff seems like nothing unless i missed something. I suspect it's coming from him being an odd guy who is hard to read in interviews and the beat writers wanting some drama.

He's missed five straight games and was not put on IR. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think he's healthy, or not at a point where he feels he can properly play his position.  He said it's a similar injury to the shoulder injury that kept him out for a lot of games in 2021.  He's fine running around in non tackle practices and drills, but not game ready.  

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He doesn't want to be here this year, probably won't want to be here next year either. The answer is cut your losses, not prolong the agony. 

Tell him if he goes and plays his *** off the rest of the year, we'll move him in the off season. 

You can't let this young team see what he's doing and have them think it's OK. That will turn into the culture. Preventing that is worth the 24 million cap hit. 

This team physically couldn't absorb a $24M cap hit like this. Like, it's not even possible.

9 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

This team physically couldn't absorb a $24M cap hit like this. Like, it's not even possible.

If we cut him PRIOR to June 1, 2024, it is an additional 3-million-dollar charge. WE can absorb that. If we cut him POST June 1st, it saves us 16 million in cap space. 

Your statement is completely false!