Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, RedRaider said:

What makes it Crazy?  Honest question.  Is it noise level?  People dressed in odd outfits? Fans jumping through folding tables in the parking lot?  

Noise level is a key part of it for sure. You ever go to grandpas house and watch some tv while he does the crossword in his chair and find yourself having the most pleasant nap maybe youll ever have?

When LaFleur feels the need to look like a goose on the sideline trying to get the crowd out of their slumber I'd say thats an issue. 

When you have to have player PSA's on the jumbos about making noise and not sitting all game I'd say you have a lack of Crazy in your stadium.

Doesnt have to be crazy outfits, wear the colors, stand up on defense and make noise, refrain from doing the wave on offense or maybe ever. Be a fanatic.

Posted (edited)

I must be in a good section. I essentially never sit down in mine because everyone is always standing. 

I've never understood the "old crowd" criticism. Has never been my reality in 20+ years of going to games. Has always been young and loud and I've been to lots of other stadiums. Of course domes are louder (duh) but I wonder if people who complain about age/noise actually go to games either in Lambeau or elsewhere. 

I must be over 50 games lifetime at this point and it's never been reality for me.

Or maybe I just always bring the party with me 

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I must be in a good section. I essentially never sit down in mine because everyone is always standing. 

I've never understood the "old crowd" criticism. Has never been my reality in 20+ years of going to games. Has always been young and loud and I've been to lots of other stadiums. Of course domes are louder (duh) but I wonder if people who complain about age/noise actually go to games either in Lambeau or elsewhere. 

I must be over 50 games lifetime at this point and it's never been reality for me.

Or maybe I just always bring the party with me 

Ive been once or twice a year for the past 5ish years more sporadically prior. Iv'e been asked to sit down multiple times by olds. Got into an argument with a row of people behind me literally immediately after a PSA to stand up and make noise. Playoffs have always been very solid from a noise/fan experience perspective. Ive been to KC and MN and didnt get asked to sit down, although I did think I might get shanked in KC. Plan to go to Seattle this year.

You probably bring the party with you.

Edited by HighCalebR

47 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Ive been once or twice a year for the past 5ish years more sporadically prior. Iv'e been asked to sit down multiple times by olds. Got into an argument with a row of people behind me literally immediately after a PSA to stand up and make noise. Playoffs have always been very solid from a noise/fan experience perspective. Ive been to KC and MN and didnt get asked to sit down, although I did think I might get shanked in KC. Plan to go to Seattle this year.

You probably bring the party with you.

Oh yeah I've been asked to sit down before too, but that's 1 or 2 people in a crowd around me of hundreds l/thousands and are absolutely the tiny minority of people. Nobody cares and/or laughs and say "no" when they ask. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Noise level is a key part of it for sure. You ever go to grandpas house and watch some tv while he does the crossword in his chair and find yourself having the most pleasant nap maybe youll ever have?

When LaFleur feels the need to look like a goose on the sideline trying to get the crowd out of their slumber I'd say thats an issue. 

When you have to have player PSA's on the jumbos about making noise and not sitting all game I'd say you have a lack of Crazy in your stadium.

Doesnt have to be crazy outfits, wear the colors, stand up on defense and make noise, refrain from doing the wave on offense or maybe ever. Be a fanatic.

I did a quick search for loudest stadiums in the NFL and Lambeau is always in the top 10, if not the top 5 based on the article source.  If Lambeau is a nursing home, a good portion of the NFL is a graveyard.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, RedRaider said:

I did a quick search for loudest stadiums in the NFL and Lambeau is always in the top 10, if not the top 5 based on the article source.  If Lambeau is a nursing home, a good portion of the NFL is a graveyard.

100% it is a full stadium of 80k people which gets you pretty far. We have 10k more people than the real loud stadiums.

We're a good, crowd, I think we could be a GREAT crowd.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, RedRaider said:

I'm sure this is completely scientific and not remotely pulled directly out of somebody's *** 

• Like 1

Lambeau is open air, which is strike one. Built a million years ago when sound acoustics weren't even a thing stadium architects contemplated, strike two. Have the longest season ticket waiting list which I would imagine leads to one of the oldest season ticket holding fan bases in the NFL, strike three. 

It's never going to be the loudest and that's fine because if they announced tomorrow they were tearing it down to build a domed, acoustically perfect, modern stadium we'd all **** our pants and lose our minds. The trade off for sharing the same hallways and seats as Vince, Bart, Reggie, etc... once did. The team wins a lot of games there, two losing home records in the last 32 years, so I'd say we have a HFA regardless. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lambeau is open air, which is strike one. Built a million years ago when sound acoustics weren't even a thing stadium architects contemplated, strike two. Have the longest season ticket waiting list which I would imagine leads to one of the oldest season ticket holding fan bases in the NFL, strike three. 

It's never going to be the loudest and that's fine because if they announced tomorrow they were tearing it down to build a domed, acoustically perfect, modern stadium we'd all **** our pants and lose our minds. The trade off for sharing the same hallways and seats as Vince, Bart, Reggie, etc... once did. The team wins a lot of games there, two losing home records in the last 32 years, so I'd say we have a HFA regardless. 

Arrowhead old as hell too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Might not be for long.

Oh its a ****ty stadium (50 years later, with no renovations except video boards and turf in the meantime) but those cowpokes are a rowdy bunch.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Oh its a ****ty stadium (50 years later, with no renovations except video boards and turf in the meantime) but those cowpokes are a rowdy bunch.

Sure, but the stadium itself might be going through an existential crisis. I can’t imagine them moving but the extortion is on. 

22 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Sure, but the stadium itself might be going through an existential crisis. I can’t imagine them moving but the extortion is on. 

Well that's fine but idk what it has to do with currently loud "crazy" stadiums.

38 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Well that's fine but idk what it has to do with currently loud "crazy" stadiums.

If I understand it you were saying Arrowhead is an old stadium. I’m simply saying that old stadium might be getting torn down in a matter of years. The distinction is that Lambeau will not be.