Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Do I see him draw coverage?  No more so than anyone else running deep.

Right now Reed is the only one the club may have to pony up real money for.

With Watson?  He's a nothingburger.  Often injured.  Hardly targeted.  I didn't think year three would be "it" for him to turn it on.  I thought he wouldn't be a year behind.  Hate that it looks like I'm somewhat right about that.

I don't believe we will see any difference in the offense with Watson gone.  We still have Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Heath and Melton.  Our passing game won't miss a beat.

It's Wicks time to shine now .. should flirt with 100 yds receiving every time that Watson is out.  Tucker Kraft could also see a boost in production.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Don't think he's Packer people! 

On a level, I agree that I don’t like the smoke. But, the incident was reviewed extensively and nothing damning was found. At some point that has to weigh more than the initial allegations. Anyway, the guy has been a solid kicker. I’d bring him in for a workout and a character interview to be damn sure he can still kick and that there won’t be any issues going forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Do I see him draw coverage?  No more so than anyone else running deep.

Right now Reed is the only one the club may have to pony up real money for.

With Watson?  He's a nothingburger.  Often injured.  Hardly targeted.  I didn't think year three would be "it" for him to turn it on.  I thought he wouldn't be a year behind.  Hate that it looks like I'm somewhat right about that.

I don't believe we will see any difference in the offense with Watson gone.  We still have Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Heath and Melton.  Our passing game won't miss a beat.

Watson is also our best blocking WR by far. He is going to be missed. He's far from a nothingburger. 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

What was this guy's infraction? Came on to a cheerleader or something?

NFL kicker Brandon McManus avoids league discipline after sexual assault allegations: reports | Fox News

Sounds like the case was dismissed because the women wanted to maintain remain anonymous. Which you can't do in a criminal case because the defendant has a right to face his accuser(s). 

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

What was this guy's infraction? Came on to a cheerleader or something?

Flight attendants said he was lewd and brushing up against them. Investigation which I’m assuming involved a bunch of people on the same plane did not support a conviction. Also, the NFL would have their own investigation and could suspend even if it didn’t rise to a level of guilt. I don’t think you can say he’s not Packer people because of unsubstantiated allegations. Who knows if they will bring him in but I’m pretty tired of not having a guy who isn’t reliable <45. That has to be automatic in the NFL, even in bad weather. 

• Like 1

Watson is also our best blocking WR by far. He is going to be missed. He's far from a nothingburger. 

LOL.  By what metric is he our best blocking WR?  How does one even score that?  Eyeball test or one clip on X?

Our entire WR unit is very good at blocking.  Heath and Wicks are dawgs out there when it comes to blocking.

He's not going to be really missed.  We are plenty used to playing ball without him.

NFL kicker Brandon McManus avoids league discipline after sexual assault allegations: reports | Fox News

Sounds like the case was dismissed because the women wanted to maintain remain anonymous. Which you can't do in a criminal case because the defendant has a right to face his accuser(s). 

Heck, I know somebody like that who's running for president. 

• Like 2