Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

5th I'd say.  In this case GB ACTUALLY has little leverage if they aren't willing to just hold him

I'm not sure Green Bay is the one without leverage. I think it is the other way around. Doubs stays away, he doesn't get paid. He's not made a lot of money so far in his career. 

Green Bay is very likely not getting an asset back for Doubs. They will likely get a mid to late round pick for him in 2025. Therefore, there is no sense of urgency to move on from him until they get the value they want. 

There is no financial burden on the Packers if they don't move him because he's not showing up apparently. Just suspend him and move on if we don't get what we want in a trade. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

I'm not sure Green Bay is the one without leverage. I think it is the other way around. Doubs stays away, he doesn't get paid. He's not made a lot of money so far in his career. 

Green Bay is very likely not getting an asset back for Doubs. They will likely get a mid to late round pick for him in 2025. Therefore, there is no sense of urgency to move on from him until they get the value they want. 

There is no financial burden on the Packers if they don't move him because he's not showing up apparently. Just suspend him and move on if we don't get what we want in a trade. 

leverage vs the raiders/jets/whomever wants to trade.

doubs doesn't have a lot of trade value

Just now, skibrett15 said:

leverage vs the raiders/jets/whomever wants to trade.

doubs doesn't have a lot of trade value

Gute needs to set his asking price and stick with it. He doesn't get that Doubs can retire. He misses the rest of the year; he hasn't played enough games for it to count as an accrued year. He's still two years from free agency. 

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Agent still panicking. This isnt the path to beaucoup bucks

It's a path to being traded into a much worse situation, not showing production and being out of the league without getting even a 'decent,' payday by NFL standards. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Gute needs to set his asking price and stick with it. He doesn't get that Doubs can retire. He misses the rest of the year; he hasn't played enough games for it to count as an accrued year. He's still two years from free agency. 

Dude. More than likely Doubs is gonna return to the fold next week. Probably apologize and promise to give it his all going forward.

They played two weeks without QB1 and hardly passed the ball as all - still - Doubs isnt far behind Reed & Wicks in targets - so it's not like he's the forgotten man.

Doubs was drafted in the 4th round. He's out played his draft status and is only 24 years old. While Gute may not be able to get it, I'm not going back on round drafted in a trade. If I don't get it, Doubs can sit his *** on the suspension list. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Dude. More than likely Doubs is gonna return to the fold next week. Probably apologize and promise to give it his all going forward.

They played two weeks without QB1 and hardly passed the ball as all - still - Doubs isnt far behind Reed & Wicks in targets - so it's not like he's the forgotten man.

Depends on if you believe the article where it said he was demanding a trade. The tweet seems more like a draft day deal. 

IF he put that out there today, then I think you are right. 

I'm a, '**** these divas,' kind of guy. You have a contract, show up, shut up and do your job. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Depends on if you believe the article where it said he was demanding a trade. The tweet seems more like a draft day deal. 

IF he put that out there today, then I think you are right. 

I'm a, '**** these divas,' kind of guy. You have a contract, show up, shut up and do your job. 

I didnt read the article.

Feels to me like a guy that's got his nose a bit bent outta shape, but who's gonna realize which side his breads buttered on and why it makes zero sense to push these "non-issues" any further. 

Again - it's not like he's been dropped from the offensive game plans - and based on Love's tossing him the ball last year, he should be confident it will keep coming his way for as long as Love's the guy chucking it.