Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Maybe more of a holder if you ask me....

My wife is NOT a sports fan but picked up a Packer shirt for reasons and hadn't fit in it for a while...she was like "look, I fit in this!" and tried making football double entendres but didn't know enough jargon to come up with one. It was hilariously adorable. 

Then she lost it when I told her I was going to shoot the gap against her tight end. 

• Like 3

Offensively, the Packers are going to be fine. Love is going to settle in as the season goes. Right now he and the WRs are a tick off on some of the timing stuff but they'll get there. The run game is working and the OL is playing very well. We are going to be a problem all season for teams on offense. Biggest thing is that Love just needs to be patient and run the offense. It's okay to use 3 plays to get 30 yards instead of 1 play. 

Defensively, as the scheme develops, I think the Packers will have to come to terms with some personnel changes in order to become even a top half defense.

In the secondary, we need JA and Valentine to stay healthy. This defense is better when Stokes is off the field. The same goes with Nixon. The future is Bullard as the NB and Williams next to X at safety. That should be your starting 5 - JA, Valentine, Bullard, X and Williams. Use Nixon as more of a role player closer to the LOS where he's a decent tackler/blitzer. 

At LB, I have already come to terms that Walker is going to stay on the field so we have cover for his shortcomings the best we can. Cooper needs to be a 3-down player, right now. McDuffie is a reserve guy. (sidenote - is Hopper alive?)

Up front, it's simple, guys just need to play better. There are no changes to be made since they rotate the DL so frequently anyways. The players just need to be better, period. As the year goes on, we probably go as far as the DL takes us as a defense. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

I often fantasize of Reggie white and Julius peppers on the same DL.

Peppers was such a monster he was robbed of so many sure fire sacks with the new rules. I remember when hew as a bear and how it was him and only him that made life tough and every time he put a finger on AR the rags came out:). But him and Reggie wow would have been so nasty. 

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

My wife is NOT a sports fan but picked up a Packer shirt for reasons and hadn't fit in it for a while...she was like "look, I fit in this!" and tried making football double entendres but didn't know enough jargon to come up with one. It was hilariously adorable. 

Then she lost it when I told her I was going to shoot the gap against her tight end. 

Uh.  What exactly did she lose????  :)

5 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

I often fantasize of Reggie white and Julius peppers on the same DL.

I feel very, very blessed in that I got to see Gilbert Brown, Santana Dotson and Sean Jones play on the same line as Reggie White.

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I feel very, very blessed in that I got to see Gilbert Brown, Santana Dotson and Sean Jones play on the same line as Reggie White.

Think it was one of the most underrated defenses of all time! So fun to watch!

37 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

Think it was one of the most underrated defenses of all time! So fun to watch!

To me, it was because they could be so vanilla.

Here's ours.  Here's yours.  Try to beat us.

No need to get exotic or blitz with that line.  Just cover behind them.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, vegas492 said:

To me, it was because they could be so vanilla.

Here's ours.  Here's yours.  Try to beat us.

No need to get exotic or blitz with that line.  Just cover behind them.

Well, they did enjoy blitzing Leroy Butler on a regular basis. 

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Doesn't sound like the Doubs situation had to do with his mental health, which is good. It is also good the MLF laid down the law about it not happening again. Looking forward to Doubs being back on the field. 

Matt LaFleur Sends Warning to Romeo Doubs After Week 5 Suspension (msn.com)

Look for Doubs to have a productive day vs Arizona. 

We're a good vibes team and Doubs producing in a win would be good vibes.