Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

With no gameday thread yet, this is just "random" news, but important: 

I know that Jenkins plays a good and mean safety, but what else do they have in the secondary?

Key to the game is making sure that Fletcher Cox does "EFF Up the Play".  Seriously, he's a top interior guy.  Time for Jenkins, Linsley and Turner to put on their big boy pants.  It ain't gonna be easy.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I know that Jenkins plays a good and mean safety, but what else do they have in the secondary?

Key to the game is making sure that Fletcher Cox does "EFF Up the Play".  Seriously, he's a top interior guy.  Time for Jenkins, Linsley and Turner to put on their big boy pants.  It ain't gonna be easy.

Cox hasn't been himself so far this year. Has like 2 QB hits and 0 sacks. I think he was hurt all off-season/preseason. 

Rob Demovsky: Packers had four players in for workouts today: WR Saeed Blacknall (Penn State). WR Jazz Ferguson (Northwestern State). QB Jalan McClendon (Baylor). CB Jordan Brown (South Dakota State).

Blacknall appeared in one game for the Raiders in 2018.
Ferguson was released last week from the Seahawks practice squad.
McClendon was released by the Redskins,
Brown was a seventh-round pick of the Bengals this year.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rob Demovsky: Packers had four players in for workouts today: WR Saeed Blacknall (Penn State). WR Jazz Ferguson (Northwestern State). QB Jalan McClendon (Baylor). CB Jordan Brown (South Dakota State).

Blacknall appeared in one game for the Raiders in 2018.
Ferguson was released last week from the Seahawks practice squad.
McClendon was released by the Redskins,
Brown was a seventh-round pick of the Bengals this year.

Bill Huber:  Ferguson and Brown are intriguing. Ferguson ran himself out of LSU but salvaged his career at FCS Northwestern State. Imposing skill-set.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Definitely illegal, but never called. I could mayyyybe see it called if someone legit picked a guy up and carried him in.

Rule 12, Article 5:

OTHER PROHIBITED ACTS
Article 5 No offensive player may:
(a) lift a runner to his feet or pull him in any direction at any time;

Otherwise known as the "Peter Dinklage" rule, this precludes a forward pass of a player holding on to the ball.