Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Agree or disagree?

Graham for Jordy looked great at the time,  can't blame Gute for bringing in an slightly younger 6'6 red zone threat.  But boy we were wrong,  Graham is done and just stealing money at this point. I thought he wasn't being used properly by Mac but the guy just looks old out there. He's no Tony Gonzalez who had good production in  his later years. Graham got paid because of his body type and past talent 

Just now, St Vince said:

Graham for Jordy looked great at the time,  can't blame Gute for bringing in an slightly younger 6'6 red zone threat. 

I can.  I can blame him.  I didn't want us to sign Graham for exactly what's happening now.  Graham can still be effective, but not if your QB doesn't throw him the ball.

I don't want to hear **** about him not being physically capable.  No **** he's not going to stretch the field.  We should have known that when we signed him.  But if he's up against corners and defensive backs, you can't tell me he's not capable of making 5-10 yard receptions across the middle of the field simply by literally boxing out and grabbing it. 

Jason ****ing Witten has 10 catches for 94 yards and 2 touchdowns. 

If y'all think Graham isn't more capable of a receiver than Jason ****ing retired for a year and back at 37, you've got the worst case of Rodgers blinders ever made. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I can.  I can blame him.  I didn't want us to sign Graham for exactly what's happening now.  Graham can still be effective, but not if your QB doesn't throw him the ball.

I don't want to hear **** about him not being physically capable.  No **** he's not going to stretch the field.  We should have known that when we signed him.  But if he's up against corners and defensive backs, you can't tell me he's not capable of making 5-10 yard receptions across the middle of the field simply by literally boxing out and grabbing it. 

If y'all think Graham isn't more capable of a receiver than Jason ****ing retired for a year and back at 37, you've got the worst case of Rodgers blinders ever made. 

Sadly I agree with you. 

34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Eff Witten.

Graham isn't even outproducing Marcedes Lewis.  3 for 30 for Graham.  3 for 33 for Lewis.

That is cringe-worthy.

• Like 1

Blocking, effort, age. Blah blah blah. It's MLF. Lewis is getting the same number of snaps and has the same number of catches. MLF admits to needing to get Graham the ball. However, come game day, its ultra conservative, worried he won't be 3rd and 1 MLF. Just think about MM and his lip service about running the football. We are starting to see the same lip service regarding the same things week in and week out with MLF. I'm sure he'll get that "cleaned up" though

Edited by cannondale

20 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Blocking, effort, age. Blah blah blah. It's MLF. Lewis is getting the same number of snaps and has the same number of catches. MLF admits to needing to get Graham the ball. However, come game day, its ultra conservative, worried he won't be 3rd and 1 MLF. Just think about MM and his lip service about running the football. We are starting to see the same lip service regarding the same things week in and week out with MLF. I'm sure he'll get that "cleaned up" though

you're a meme at this point lol 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Graham for Jordy looked great at the time,  can't blame Gute for bringing in an slightly younger 6'6 red zone threat.  But boy we were wrong,  Graham is done and just stealing money at this point. I thought he wasn't being used properly by Mac but the guy just looks old out there. He's no Tony Gonzalez who had good production in  his later years. Graham got paid because of his body type and past talent 

But it didn't look good at the time.  Graham was coming off the worst year of his career in a season where he was completely worthless when Seattle wasn't in the Redzone.  He had  less than 30 yards receiving in almost half his games in his last year with Seattle.  He looked done in 2017.  

Yeah, at least we didn't get ripped off like Seattle did.  We only had to pay money and occupy a roster spot.

Face it, Graham can't pick himself up off the line.  He can not run.  He also seems to not care much.  Can he still produce?  Yes, on a very limited basis in isolated situations.  He can provide some comfort in the red zone, he will occasionally get ignored by defenses to actually get open on a down here or there.  HE sure isn't anyone any defense is going to think about.

Edited by 15412

7 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Yeah, at least we didn't get ripped off like Seattle did.  We only had to pay money and occupy a roster spot.

Face it, Graham can't pick himself up off the line.  He can not run.  He also seems to not care much.  Can he still produce?  Yes, on a very limited basis in isolated situations.  He can provide some comfort in the red zone, he will occasionally get ignored by defenses to actually get open on a down here or there.  HE sure isn't anyone any defense is going to think about.

That's what I see as well .. Graham can't run at all any more.  He wasn't very swift of late anyway, but once you throw on groin and quad issues, he's basically useless.  I'd rather have Witten then him .. he's at least a gamer, and is crafty enough to find the soft spots on occasion.  

18 minutes ago, SSG said:

But it didn't look good at the time.  Graham was coming off the worst year of his career in a season where he was completely worthless when Seattle wasn't in the Redzone.  He had  less than 30 yards receiving in almost half his games in his last year with Seattle.  He looked done in 2017.  

I'll admit I drank the JG koolaid. Kept hearing over and over Seattle didn't use him properly. Thought we were getting Saints JG instead of the Seahawks JG. But you're right we got the same guy of 2017.

Edited by St Vince