Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Nagler's question regarding Graham was basically, "doesn't he suck too much to play at this point."  Nagler asked 3 tough questions that I'm sure MLF hated. One other was "your RPO's suck and are a mess."

Refreshing change from "how does scoring touchdowns help your offense"

Edited by cannondale

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Nagler's question regarding Graham was basically, "doesn't he suck too much to play at this point."  Nagler asked 3 tough questions that I'm sure MLF hated. One other was "your RPO's suck and are a mess." Refreshing change from "how does scoring touchdowns help your offense"

I posted a comment by Nagler earlier today where he ripped on the RPOs.

41 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I don't know why some fans give him crap. He's as close to one of us as it gets. The rest of the media are too worried about making the organization mad at them

That’s exactly why I like Nagler, actually.  He’s a goober sometimes, but overall I really like his candor.

ESPN had some nice things to say.....

I know what I said earlier about the Bills. They're great. But have you seen the Packers through three weeks? Mitchell Trubisky, Kirk Cousins and Joe Flacco aren't exactly Patrick Mahomes, but the Packers have faced 38 drives through three games, which is tied for the second most in football. They're allowing less than one point per possession, which is good for the second-best mark in football.

With the offense struggling for consistent production, though, the defense has to make leads hold up for long stretches. They've also created opportunities for the offense with takeaways. The Packers have turned opponents over on a league-leading 21.1% of possessions, and the same Mike Pettine defense that forced 15 takeaways in 16 games a year ago now has eight after just three contests.

Safety, long a Packers problem, has become a strength. Adrian Amos has quickly settled in as a leader and made the key interception of Trubisky in the Week 1 win over the Bears. His partner, Darnell Savage, is a Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate through three weeks. The first-rounder made a spectacular play to pick off an errant Flacco pass on Sunday.

Cornerback has been a revolving door, too, but the Packers appear to have a full-fledged superstar on their hands in Jaire Alexander. I was impressed with Alexander as a rookie last season, although he didn't have much help in a secondary that was riddled both by injuries and players stuck out of position. With more support, Alexander looks like he might be one of the best cornerbacks in the NFC.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Cornerback has been a revolving door, too, but the Packers appear to have a full-fledged superstar on their hands in Jaire Alexander. I was impressed with Alexander as a rookie last season, although he didn't have much help in a secondary that was riddled both by injuries and players stuck out of position. With more support, Alexander looks like he might be one of the best cornerbacks in the NFC.

He already is.  He's one of the best CBs in the NFL.

Andy Herman:  Blake Martinez' close to the football has just looked different this year. Not sure if he gained a little explosiveness or is just trusting his instincts more, but he's flying to the football.

• Ben Fennell: Andy, I couldn’t agree more Martinez is a player I’ve been critical of over the past few seasons - questioning his instincts and athleticism, but he’s looked sharp in 2019. Hasn’t missed a snap either.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:  Blake Martinez' close to the football has just looked different this year. Not sure if he gained a little explosiveness or is just trusting his instincts more, but he's flying to the football.

• Ben Fennell: Andy, I couldn’t agree more Martinez is a player I’ve been critical of over the past few seasons - questioning his instincts and athleticism, but he’s looked sharp in 2019. Hasn’t missed a snap either.

Well he’s trying to get paid so...

Sports Info Solutions: 

Highest % of Pass Attempts Behind LOS

Luke Falk - 34.0%
Kirk Cousins - 33.3%
Aaron Rodgers - 30.1%
Patrick Mahomes - 28.9%
Mason Rudolph - 28.3%

• Peter Bukowski:  Would like to see more of the WR screens GB is running go to a WR who can actually make a play with the ball in his hand. Right now, the only player who qualifies is Adams.
  • 9/17 behind LOS targets are to RBs (which is totally fine). 2 to Jimmy Graham. 6 to WRs but none to Davante. That’s just silliness imo. He’s the only guy with RAC at the position right now.

Edited by Leader