Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

@squire12

ACLs are overrated

Likely a grade 1 maybe grade 2.  Some fibers of the ACL may have torn, but enough remain intact that surgery isn't necessary.  Try to rehab it and see what happens.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Likely a grade 1 maybe grade 2.  Some fibers of the ACL may have torn, but enough remain intact that surgery isn't necessary.  Try to rehab it and see what happens.  

Does it regenerate or in the immortal words of louis ck.... "you just live like that now."

Just scratching out some 2025 Draft Party numbers…

It surprises me to find that just an approximate square of one fourth of a mile (1,320 x 1,320) equals 1,742,400 square feet which would give 250,000 human beings almost seven square feet of real estate each.

Is my math checking out?

The bigger issue is that the entire state only has 94,000 hotel rooms. 

4 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Just scratching out some 2025 Draft Party numbers…

It surprises me to find that just an approximate square of one fourth of a mile (1,320 x 1,320) equals 1,742,400 square feet which would give 250,000 human beings almost seven square feet of real estate each.

Is my math checking out?

The bigger issue is that the entire state only has 94,000 hotel rooms. 

The population of Green Bay Metro area is approx 328,628 according to 2020 census.    Add in the surrounding areas like Appleton and easily drivable cities like Milwaukee and there is plenty of available housing for all of the fans that need to attend to set attendance records.   Everyone else's fan bases can go to hell.

Det and MN were insistent they didn't want any draft picks in 2025 so they don't need to bother showing up at all either

6 hours ago, squire12 said:

Listed to MLF...said it wasn't an acl.  So maybe meniscus?  Dunno but sounds like he's going to be fine.  Don't know why they were so insistent on keeping it quiet.  For the draft?  Kinda ridiculous if you ask me.  He's rehabbing and sounds like he'll be fine.  Really great news thanks for keeping us hanging all offseason. 

17 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Listed to MLF...said it wasn't an acl.  So maybe meniscus?  Dunno but sounds like he's going to be fine.  Don't know why they were so insistent on keeping it quiet.  For the draft?  Kinda ridiculous if you ask me.  He's rehabbing and sounds like he'll be fine.  Really great news thanks for keeping us hanging all offseason. 

Gute said he was happy it was kept quiet for as long as it was.  He wanted the other teams to think it was a perceived need.  Gute, that strategic bastid.

Nixon post draft put out ”Good luck thinking I won’t be out on that field.”  I love it.  We now have a whole stable of guys that fit some of the things he can do and he’s embracing the competition.  He got his new contract for what he can do on the field but also because he’s a tone setter on the sidelines and in the lockeroom. In a perfect world, he goes berserk this season while the other guys learn and compete and grow.  They all have roles they can play and by midseason the young guys are taking more on their plate. If anyone goes down, hopefully for a short time, there is enough versatility at nickel, box safety and returner that multiple guys can step up.