Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Everybody is writing off Josh Myers way too early. He very well could be our starting center in 2025 and beyond. It is also a possibility that he's gone after this year, but I don't make that a certainty. 

I don't think he's good enough to play well with a weak line on either side of him. If Rhyan makes a year 3 leap like year 2 was, there won't be a weak link and I think Myers can thrive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Everybody is writing off Josh Myers way too early. He very well could be our starting center in 2025 and beyond. It is also a possibility that he's gone after this year, but I don't make that a certainty. 

I don't think he's good enough to play well with a weak line on either side of him. If Rhyan makes a year 3 leap like year 2 was, there won't be a weak link and I think Myers can thrive. 

I don't even think he is noticeably bad.  I know Herman grades him low, I don't really pay attention to PFF grades.  But I am with you, I don't understand the crusade to replace Myers.  He is perfectly fine, and will probably sign a perfectly fine contract for a center, which won't hurt the team's salary cap in any meaningful way.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

MLF is on IL

Just paying the proper tribute so the team can stay healthy. His debut season he sacrificed his achilles and the team was healthier than it had been in years. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

Just paying the proper tribute so the team can stay healthy. His debut season he sacrificed his achilles and the team was healthier than it had been in years. 

I hope this is a sign of injuries for the coaches and not players

12 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't even think he is noticeably bad.  I know Herman grades him low, I don't really pay attention to PFF grades.  But I am with you, I don't understand the crusade to replace Myers.  He is perfectly fine, and will probably sign a perfectly fine contract for a center, which won't hurt the team's salary cap in any meaningful way.  

When I watch Myers, I see an above average C. The kind of guy who over a full career might flirt with a Pro Bowl or two, but will have moments he tempts you to try and find his replacement. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Good! Roster & cap management in coming years is going to be really interesting.

David Bakhtiari - 32
De'Vondre Campbell - 30
Aaron Jones - 29
Yosh Njiman - 28
Jonathan Owens - 28
Josiah Deguara - 27
Jon Runyan Jr. - 26
Darnell Savage - 26
Patrick Taylor - 26

Josh Jacobs - 26
Xavier McKinney - 24

• Like 3

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

this goes one of two ways:

1. MLF is the most injured guy this year
  2. the team is so injured even the coach is injured

I've not been paying real close attention to things....but MLF's in the only injury I've read about....so, I think #1 applies at this point.