Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Ideas? Is there a large enough open area?

I'm not trolling, but there's nothing more GB (and I genuinely do love it) than the "landmarks" on that map being an Ace Hardware,a Dairy Queen, and a Target. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I'm not trolling, but there's nothing more GB (and I genuinely do love it) than the "landmarks" on that map being an Ace Hardware,a Dairy Queen, and a Target. 

I drive up to and through Green Bay about twice a month. I often think of new players from other urban areas of the country driving in and being shocked to find out that they ARE in Green Bay. This is it. There’s not more coming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I drive up to and through Green Bay about twice a month. I often think of new players from other urban areas of the country driving in and being shocked to find out that they ARE in Green Bay. This is it. There’s not more coming. 

So where do they put the draft event?

42 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

possible he will just need surgery soon and be out even longer?

Had an acl sprain or something is best case?

It's possible he will eventually need surgery .. lets hope not.  The Packers will probably be scouting around for a backup plan if it comes down to it.

13 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

The ace(and surrounding yards) is my parking lot. Easy landmark.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Did you not read that there is a Dairy Queen?

No seriously. How many people does this event draw on Days 1 & 2? It's over 100thousand no? Maybe that's too high...well, where can they they fit that many people - if they dont include the stadium itself? 

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

No seriously. How many people does this event draw on Days 1 & 2? It's over 100thousand no? Maybe that's too high...well, where can they they fit that many people - if they dont include the stadium itself? 

Detroit had over 100k.  But that is a much larger city with both larger event spaces, and easier access.  It will probably be a lot of people.  I imagine the actual parking lots for Lambeau will be utilized.  They are probably going to also have a lot of shuttle services from local businesses with larger parking lots to make up for using that space.  GB can hold that many people, but they will have to get creative.  

• Like 1

My guess is the draft will take place inside the stadium with "first come first served" bleacher seating that you can come in and go as you please. They'll utilize Titletown for all sorts of games/kids area for families. The Lambeau parking lot for merch, autographs, fan/player interactions, etc... I know one.of the drives for the draft being here is NFL history, so I'd have to imagine the new Expo Center and the Resch Center will probably be filled with NFL/Packers HOF exhibits.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

My guess is the draft will take place inside the stadium with "first come first served" bleacher seating that you can come in and go as you please.

I've not Google Mapped the area - so working off that one overhead - that's what I was thinking. It will somehow have to utilize the stadium in some manner.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've not Google Mapped the area - so working off that one overhead - that's what I was thinking. It will somehow have to utilize the stadium in some manner.

unlike most major metropolitan areas, GB has an advantage that the stadium is close to the rest of the action (or lack thereof in GB's case).  To not leverage their best asset would make 0 sense.

Philly could've used the stadium since it's in the city and accessible by transport... but then the draft would be in the stadium and in a huge parking lot.  Instead they used the other massive outdoor spaces that they have because it's a major city.

GB is just a stadium so the draft will be in the stadium.

• Like 1