Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Chili said:

7 picks next year in 2025 draft. Not expecting any comp picks considering how active we were in free agency. (McKinney & Jacobs). We didn't trade down to get next year's pick either.

Surely Gute will not be happy with just 7 picks.

Any player trade candidates? Newman? a WR?

Overthecap has Nijman with a 7th round comp

13 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

It's probably for the same reason we have a draft to begin with; to prevent unassailable monopolies on future pipelines of NFL-Caliber talent.

I still swear other guys have gotten around it and just were straight FAs...but I have no examples so maybe im wrong

Just now, Norm said:

I still swear other guys have gotten around it and just were straight FAs...but I have no examples so maybe im wrong

In the past, yes. A number of guys with experience in Rugby and Australian Football have been plucked in FA. I'm thinking this is a newer development with this program specifically.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

In LaFleur's post draft press conference he was asked how Stokes is doing .. said he is full go, and looks great.

Uh, did you also see his comment on Enagbare? He said he didn't have his  ACL confirmed torn and didn't have surgery and may not miss any of the season. what? The beat whiffed on that one a bit. That could be great news and explain the last of EDGE pick some.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 2

Another interesting tidbit from LaFleur ... Enegbare did not have ACL surgery.  He is rehabbing his way thru it, and LaFleur said he's looking good.  They asked if he would miss a portion of the season and LaFleur said that was not necessarily the case.  Hopefully he can rehab the issue and not miss time.  I don't want to see it be a deal where he rehabs to no avail and then later has to have surgery.

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Gutey clarified, he did have an ACL injury but not a complete tear and is trying to rehab it. Guessing a partial tear?

Can a tear actually heal itself?

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Whaaaaaaat??? He never had surgery? Then what was it....just a sprain?

Gute wouldn't get into it .. said he was happy they we're able to keep that news quite for a while.  I'm sure he liked other teams thinking he had a need at pass rusher during the draft process.  Not sure if it's strain or minor tear of the ACL, and Gute did leave open the possibility that he may require surgery if rehab doesn't go well.  They're hopeful.

• Like 2