Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I expect Newton is still on Gute's board. His injury is not especially severe - it just needs care to rehab it fully or it might re-occur.

I would disagree that Jones fracture surgery on a DL's foot isn't a serious injury

Edited by Mazrimiv

17 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I would disagree that Jones fracture surgery on a DL's foot isn't a serious injury

Recoveries are usually full recoveries. Prognosis does depend in part on how serious the original fracture was and any bone displacement.

8 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Recoveries are usually full recoveries. Prognosis does depend in part on how serious the original fracture was and any bone displacement.

Jones fractures have the highest chance for re-injury of the foot fractures, see: Biegel, Vince

44 minutes ago, Leader said:

I am not sure that I would praise Gute as much as Andy, on this one.  But it is a no risk move for an experienced player at a position we have very little experience at, in case our developmental players haven't developed and the draft doesn't fall the way that they hope.

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have to think injuries take Newton and Latu off of Gute's RD1 list, so who does that leave?  Verse, Murphy and both Robinson's?  I see Verse and Murphy as better options than OL/CB.  I don't think the others would be.

Chop might be too small for what we do, too. 

And I personally don't see Verse or Murphy making it past pick 20, but if 6 QBs do go in the first...

22 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Chop might be too small for what we do, too. 

And I personally don't see Verse or Murphy making it past pick 20, but if 6 QBs do go in the first...

I've never considered Chop a real option for the Packers.  Just doesn't seem to fit their type at all. 

• Like 1