Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You think average guard for the salary we payed him is a positive free agent signing?

This thing is closer to Jimmy Graham than Preston Smith. The biggest positive to be taken from this is that if he puts up an average season at Guard, there's no way anybody reasonable will be tempted to move him to Tackle. 

At least its not a negative free agent signing from the Guards we had last year ;)

Edited by Gopackgonerd

12 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Hey Now:

The Titletown Forum is gonna crack the 200,000 post mark sometime this week

Currently sitting at 198,668 posts and climbing

I'm sure an NFL player will stub his toe and it'll get posted in the NFL news and notes thread instead of the NFL General forum on the site.  

Edited by vegas492

43 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm sure an NFL player will stub his toe and it'll get posted in the NFL news and notes thread instead of the NFL General forum on the site.  

I wasn't talking about those sub-par forums, I'm talking about this one. The very best forum at FF
We're gonna hit that 200k mark later today and there will be a prize for Mr. 200k .

The Prize =   A pat on the back, and more of the same

135px-Green_Bay_Packers_wordmark.svg.png

• Like 1

The research team at St. Andrews University tested 13 common beverages to see how they impact hydration.
Here's what they found, ranked from most hydrating over a four-hour period to least.

Skim milk

Oral rehydration solutions (like Pedialyte or Liquid I.V.)

Full fat milk

Orange juice

Cola

Diet Cola

Cold tea

Tea

Sports drink

Still water

Sparkling water

Lager

Coffee

19 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We're 30th in 3rd down % and 26th in points per drive. The only positive thing we have going for us is TO%

TO has carried us, for sure.  And that's not going to be a sustainable, every-week occurrence, of course.  

But one other positive has been red-zone.  For all the trouble they've had getting first downs, they've done well in the red-zone for getting TD's, not just FG's.  Not sure that will be sustainable either, we'll see. 

While the positive TO's and red-zone effectiveness will not be sustainable, it's also possible that some negative stuff will likely be non-sustainable?   Might not the terrible 3rd-down conversion rate be non-sustainable, too?  Reversion to the mean, and all that?  

Of course the other fabulously positive thing is the great JK Scott!  :):)