Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

42 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What?  Is my memory wrong or was Clay not super good at ILB?

Thought it was 2015 when Clay started playing more ILB? In 2014 we still had AJ Hawk and Brad Jones in there. Both had gaffes, including a huge one by Hawk, in the Seattle game. 

40 minutes ago, Leader said:

His JAX stats:

5 kick returns for 107yards. 21.4 average. 25 long. No TDs
5 punt returns for 9 yards. 1.8 average. 6 long. Needless to say, no TDs.

I only need to know one thing, does he run sideways or north and south? I'm just interested in some 8-10 yard returns at this point, nothing fancy. 

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Thought it was 2015 when Clay started playing more ILB? In 2014 we still had AJ Hawk and Brad Jones in there. Both had gaffes, including a huge one by Hawk, in the Seattle game. 

No, Clay played a little there in 2015, but that move happened in a Bears game in 2014.  Positive.  We were terrible at stopping the run that year until he moved inside.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Not sure what Gruden has to be pissed about there. Design a better play. 5 guys in space and 2 blockers, yeah, that'll work.

If he thought Davis was going to truck someone than lol to him. Davis is about as soft as they come.

Or he could have simply gone for the easy first down and cut up field rather than run directly in to the back of the only blocker. Or not I guess. The bolded is very true.