LOCK//DELETE THREAD - Couldn't Edit/Change Outdated Poll

Mind Character

Many may say I'm crazy, but I say the Browns should do the following:

1.) Draft WHOEVER they think is the best QB with one of their first two picks. This may be our only chance to ever draft the QB of our choice that could potentially be our franchise QB (finally). Don't get cute with it - just draft a QB in spots 1, 2, 3, or 4!

2.) Sign an experienced free agent QB, even if they have to overpay. Cousins. Smith. Keenum. I don't care. Whoever they think is best. We would keep Kizer and cut and/or trade Kessler and Hogan.

What's the worst that could happen? We're never going to win without a QB. I say it's a win-win. I say taking TWO QB's gives you twice as many chances at having "the right guy" and I don't think it would be at the detriment to the rest of the team. Here's what could happen...

A.) Both QB's are great, one becomes our franchise guy, and we can use the other one as trade bait and land an amazing player or some great draft picks! Or you play the experienced veteran and let the other one sit for a couple years - something it seems we've never been able to do for our rookie QB's in Cleveland. You can NEVER have too many good QB's in this league as they are the most valuable commodity. 

B.) One QB isn't that great and the other becomes our guy for at least the next 3 to 4 years. If our young draftee isn't looking ready, he can sit and learn and perhaps become an Aaron Rodgers type QB who steps in and is ready to light it up in a few years. Or, worst case, we have a serviceable back-up who can win us some games when we inevitably have to call upon them. Either way, we finally have a QB to get us through while this young team learns how to win. 

C.) Both QB's are no good. Obviously, this would be the worst scenario. Even in this case though, you have three QB's (Kizer, and two newbies) competing for the starting job. Either way, the QB position should look 100 times better than last year and with time, perhaps, that situation would improve.

*Also, this scenario provides "insurance" in the scenario where the Browns draft Rosen and Rosen holds out and/or refuses to play. 

1 hour ago, Don Roshi said:

Trade Shelton? Unless he comes out saying that he won't re-sign then I disagree with that. Is it because he isn't a perfect fit in a 4-3?

We have a bunch of guys playing well at DT and we are getting Mexer back. 

If a 3-4 team is in need of a NT let's get it done. It is a positional value thing. 

If there’s no way we can take a qb at one I’d trade down and get as many 1st round picks for next year I can to attempt to get a franchise guy. 

I find this doomsday scenario unlikely however. One of Rosen or Darnold will come out and we’ll take the best one. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

We have a bunch of guys playing well at DT and we are getting Mexer back. 

If a 3-4 team is in need of a NT let's get it done. It is a positional value thing. 

I don’t get this Shelton isn’t a fit in a 4-3. He’s a pretty good NT for us. He stops the run pretty good, what more do we want? Get a good 3 Tech next to him and he gets better. Do we have one? Don’t know one of these guys could develop. 

33 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I don’t get this Shelton isn’t a fit in a 4-3. He’s a pretty good NT for us. He stops the run pretty good, what more do we want? Get a good 3 Tech next to him and he gets better. Do we have one? Don’t know one of these guys could develop. 

Brantley, bro....

46 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I think we have very good young depth on the defensive line.

I REALLY like Shelton, and I think Ogunjobi and Brantley showed a lot in their rookie seasons.  In a perfect world could we use another? sure? but we have MUCH more pressing needs.

10 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I think we have very good young depth on the defensive line.

I REALLY like Shelton, and I think Ogunjobi and Brantley showed a lot in their rookie seasons.  In a perfect world could we use another? sure? but we have MUCH more pressing needs.

And we forgot the guy who was the starter all year in Coley

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

And we forgot the guy who was the starter all year in Coley

Nope...I didn't forget him....I just didn't include him...

I thought in limited time Ogunjobi outplayed him, was better run stopper, and provided more pass rush from the position...I hope Shelton and Ogunjobi are the starters next year.

15 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Nope...I didn't forget him....I just didn't include him...

I thought in limited time Ogunjobi outplayed him, was better run stopper, and provided more pass rush from the position...I hope Shelton and Ogunjobi are the starters next year.

Yeah, he didn’t impress me much.

I thought Ogunjobi looked better in his limited snaps as well.

Coley is a great find in the sense that you have a guy who can rotate in and can actually make a play or two.

I think he takes over for Meder (who I like as a local guy but def a JAG)

I think we actually have a great DT rotation with Shelton, Ogunjobi, Brantley and Coley. 2 fatties, 2 explosive guys

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

You are probably very right. 

I think if we could turn him into a first we should do it. 

Its not a slight against Danny more if there is a chance to make something on him seeing as we ain't 3-4 lets do it. 

If the Giants will pay us to move up so they can take Rosen, and we don't want Rosen, then do it! But if they don't, I don't think you move down past #2 and risk losing out on Mayfield AND Rosen.

So I voted stay at #1, but if the Giants would give us a 2nd or two to come up and get Rosen, I'd definitely do that.

Archived