Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

Anyone ever tried NFL-like workouts? There's little point other than curiosity, but still...

Their workouts seems to be very power based; weighted jumps, power cleans, bands, slams etc. So I ask you - how do they get so goddamned huge and ripped doing this? Is it because this is all we see (on youtube or franchise media) and they're also doing their own stuff? 

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Anyone ever tried NFL-like workouts? There's little point other than curiosity, but still...

Their workouts seems to be very power based; weighted jumps, power cleans, bands, slams etc. So I ask you - how do they get so goddamned huge and ripped doing this? Is it because this is all we see (on youtube or franchise media) and they're also doing their own stuff? 

They also have bulking/heavy lifting cycles. The power-based workouts you see are usually towards the end of their workout schedules. 

2 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Yea. They ain't doing it in the regular season. Workouts in the regular season are about recovering from the game or maintaining. 

Here's JJ Watt. Look at what he's squatting:

Oof.

The core strength on these guys' must be crazy, too. My back has been pinging just squating 360, let alone...whatever that is. Specimens. I'd love to see their full actual routines, just to satisfy curiosity.  

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Oof.

The core strength on these guys' must be crazy, too. My back has been pinging just squating 360, let alone...whatever that is. Specimens. I'd love to see their full actual routines, just to satisfy curiosity.  

To be fair ( to be fairrrrrr...) 

I don’t think those are 45’s.. and he’s using his hands to support the lift ( and probably assisting to get out of the hole). Still impressive, but he’s an elite athlete so.. the box jump at his size is more impressive. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Box jumps are stupid.  It's how high you can bring your knees to your chest.  Vertical testing is much better. 

It’s a bit of both.  

As for James Harrison dude is an absolute freak. Some of his workouts seem sort of overkill, but still crazy stuff. 

Unrelated side note: Anyone have any good recommendations on a solid pre workout. Tried a new one recently and it gave me average energy for the gym, but man the post workout crash was real and not worth it. Going back to other older one which gave about same energy but not that huge crash. 

8 hours ago, project T.O said:

Unrelated side note: Anyone have any good recommendations on a solid pre workout. Tried a new one recently and it gave me average energy for the gym, but man the post workout crash was real and not worth it. Going back to other older one which gave about same energy but not that huge crash. 

Coffee works for me.

8 hours ago, project T.O said:

I used to use C4 without problems. But now I'm trying to be healthy, and I don't like coffee, so I might try matcha. 

I haven't been able to lose any weight the past 2 weeks. Maybe it has to do with me being a bit insulin resistant still, or being 35 now, or both. I've been doing keto/low carb, well under my maintenance calories, so the weight should be falling off. I've also did 1 hr of steady state cardio the past couple of days to try to kick start things. You'd think I would've lost 1 lb. I might go back to a Protein Sparing Modified Fast, which I hate doing. I've also been taking Cardarine the past 2 weeks. My first dose sent me through the roof. I felt like I needed to sprint 10 miles. I guess that was my body getting shocked by it because it hasn't really hit me again after the other times I took it. I hope to finish a 12-week cycle. Some say there are risks (although human trials haven't had side effects), but I think being an overweight diabetic for too long is also a risk.  

On 28/08/2019 at 1:38 PM, Tetsujin said:

I haven't been able to lose any weight the past 2 weeks. Maybe it has to do with me being a bit insulin resistant still, or being 35 now, or both. I've been doing keto/low carb, well under my maintenance calories, so the weight should be falling off. I've also did 1 hr of steady state cardio the past couple of days to try to kick start things. You'd think I would've lost 1 lb. I might go back to a Protein Sparing Modified Fast, which I hate doing. I've also been taking Cardarine the past 2 weeks. My first dose sent me through the roof. I felt like I needed to sprint 10 miles. I guess that was my body getting shocked by it because it hasn't really hit me again after the other times I took it. I hope to finish a 12-week cycle. Some say there are risks (although human trials haven't had side effects), but I think being an overweight diabetic for too long is also a risk.  

That's annoying. That would stress me out, doing everything right and not losing weight.