Bennett out as OC, Van Pelt out as QB Coach

Hawkfan191

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Wow.  I knew Edgar Bennett probably wasn't going to be okay with the demotion from OC, but didn't think Van Pelt would get the axe as well.  Interesting.

These position coaches on offense have no upside.

Rip the band-aid off and reset the entire org.  It's the only opportunity we will have unless we have catastrophic failure under the new GM and Mac is fired soon.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

These position coaches on offense have no upside.

Rip the band-aid off and reset the entire org.  It's the only opportunity we will have unless we have catastrophic failure under the new GM and Mac is fired soon.

I legitimately have no idea how you can even begin to quantify upside on coaches.  Can you explain that one?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I legitimately have no idea how you can even begin to quantify upside on coaches.  Can you explain that one?

never any outside interest in our staff.  I went into detail in one of the other threads.  We generate no legitimate OC candidates or DC candidates.  There is no McCarthy coaching tree, which in an extremely copycat league, is an extremely distressing signal.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't remember that.  Not saying that isn't the case, but I don't recall it.  I thought it was Clements that he was really close with.

Story from last January

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/229493/aaron-rodgers-and-alex-van-pelt-hugs-tears-and-the-packers-most-important-relationship

Rodgers’ first quarterbacks coach as a pro was Darrel Bevell in 2005, but he has always credited Tom Clements (his QB coach from 2006-11) as one of the most influential people in his development. However, he has grown closest to Van Pelt, who was promoted to the position in 2014 after Ben McAdoo left to join the New York Giants.

“I just have a lot of respect for him,” Rodgers said this week. “As a coach, as a person, as a confidant.”

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

never any outside interest in our staff.  I went into detail in one of the other threads.  We generate no legitimate OC candidates or DC candidates.  There is no McCarthy coaching tree, which in an extremely copycat league, is an extremely distressing signal.

I mean, Joe Philbin and Ben McAdoo were two offensive coaches who got HC gig.  Had Edgar Bennett not gotten the OC job in Green Bay, I'd suspect he would have gotten sniffs as well.  And we know Winston Moss has had plenty of interviews.

Archived