Bennett out as OC, Van Pelt out as QB Coach

Hawkfan191

Just now, Leader said:

He was pretty good when in GB no?

Honestly, I always viewed Tom Clements as the guy that Rodgers trusted/leaned on the most.  McAdoo was a bit of an after-thought for me.  Honestly didn't bother me when the Giants poached him to be their OC.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I always viewed Tom Clements as the guy that Rodgers trusted/leaned on the most.  McAdoo was a bit of an after-thought for me.  Honestly didn't bother me when the Giants poached him to be their OC.

Okay. Perhaps my perspective was misplaced all along.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Cant say what happened to him in New York....but I wouldnt mind an EB for McAdoo swap at OC one bit..........

Giants failed to score 30 in any game during McAdoo's tenure in NY. I'd rather not bring him in as OC as it would just be more of the same from GB on offense. Really would like Mike to bring in somebody from outside who can inject a bit more creativity to GB's scheme, though I'm not really expecting that. I think as long as McCarthy is here, they'll run his offense. That means GB will need to improve the talent at WR/TE so they can win more 1-on-1 matchups

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Okay. Perhaps my perspective was misplaced all along.

Maybe.  I've just never really felt any opinion one way or the other on him.  Edgar Bennett was a guy who IMO should have stuck as the RB coach.  I thought our WRs took a step back when he moved to WR coach, and our offense didn't really adapt much when he was OC.  I do like the RB we have now...Sirmans or something like that.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe.  I've just never really felt any opinion one way or the other on him.  Edgar Bennett was a guy who IMO should have stuck as the RB coach.  I thought our WRs took a step back when he moved to WR coach, and our offense didn't really adapt much when he was OC.  I do like the RB we have now...Sirmans or something like that.

Agreed. Dont want to diss the guy, but I never caught the reasoning for his selection for all those positions - but you wanna know?

Sometimes I figure there's greater minds than mine......about some things at least  :)

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Nagler’s saying on Twitter that Rodgers “ loves the guy” when talking about McAdoo

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

An upgrade is needed, but how reasonable is it?  I mean, the Packers have historically not spent much on their backups generally relying on younger players or depth QBs.  When was the last time they signed a FA to be their backup?  And I'm not talking about the Seneca Wallace debacle.  And given that Hundley is still on a rookie contract, it seems hard to release him unless he's being outplayed.

Here's my view.

A. You bet Rodgers will get hurt and spend money on a guy who will otherwise never play.

B. You bet Rodgers won't get hurt and spend money on a guy who can contribute regardless.

I'm not advocating a **** backup QB, but isn't B what all these guys want that question everything?

57 minutes ago, Leader said:

:) Oh that would work just great eh? Two Alpha Males fighting over the same records  LOL!

Aaron! Competions are away more awesome when you force them through triple coverage! REMEMBER THAT!

Archived