Bennett out as OC, Van Pelt out as QB Coach

Hawkfan191

1 minute ago, packerjmf said:

I don’t think him leaving is out of the realm of reasonable probability. If he thinks the team is a mess right now and is bothered guys he was reportedly close to are gone, I don’t see why he wouldn’t consider playing elsewhere. Granted, the franchise tag would make it hard for him to leave since it’s especially a raw deal for a guy who is the best at his position and getting up there in years.

Wasn't Rodgers one of the players who talked about being "all in" a while back?  I'd have to venture that this change probably bodes well for him.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Does anyone truly believe that Rodgers won't stay for the remained of his career?

With the amount of shakeups in GB in the last 3-4 days, I would not consider much of anything a guarantee.  

Rodgers deal is up after 2019.  As others mentioned, maybe he wants to see how the new GM does, see if MM is still the HC beyond 2019.  

In 2 years time, there may be a lot better places to go based on the talent that might be on other teams.  Lots can change in 2 years in the NFL landscape.

29 minutes ago, packerjmf said:

Interested to see how things shake out. Wonder if Rodgers won’t want to sign an extension this offseason with all of these changes - i.e. will want to see the new staff in place for a year before committing to staying for what may very well be the end of his career.

Come on, you don't think Rodgers was informed about the moves before they were made?  Rodgers might have even said, hey, things better change or I am gone after my contract.  I don't think he would want to come back to this team as is.  I am thinking he was well informed before hand.

4 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Come on, you don't think Rodgers was informed about the moves before they were made?  Rodgers might have even said, hey, things better change or I am gone after my contract.  I don't think he would want to come back to this team as is.  I am thinking he was well informed before hand.

do you think they conferred with Lenzy Pipkins too?

Aaron is a player, not in the front office. We don't need/want another diva QB that gets special treatment, do we?

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Aaron is a player, not in the front office. We don't need/want another diva QB that gets special treatment, do we?

No, but Aaron Rodgers' "reasonable" decisions controls the direction of the franchise more than anyone in the front office.

If Rodgers leaves, that has a bigger impact on the next five years than any draft picks made by the front office. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Franchise QB’s will always get special treatment. Rodgers was allowed to shut it down after our playoff hopes were dead because he’s light years more important than any other player. Like it or not, Rodgers was kept in the loop on these moves. Now I’m sure he was allowed to express his opinion on the moves but I highly doubt his opinion had any affect on the decisions. 

5 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Franchise QB’s will always get special treatment. Rodgers was allowed to shut it down after our playoff hopes were dead because he’s light years more important than any other player. Like it or not, Rodgers was kept in the loop on these moves. Now I’m sure he was allowed to express his opinion on the moves but I highly doubt his opinion had any affect on the decisions. 

Jahri Evans shut it down too. And you'll have to provide proof that Rodgers was kept in the loop. I can pretty much guarantee you he was not consulted on this anymore than any of the other team leaders. I'm sure the team knew prior to anyone on twitter,  and I'm sure many expressed opinions both recently and over the past 7 years as well.

But players just play.

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Jahri Evans shut it down too. And you'll have to provide proof that Rodgers was kept in the loop. I can pretty much guarantee you he was not consulted on this anymore than any of the other team leaders. I'm sure the team knew prior to anyone on twitter,  and I'm sure many expressed opinions both recently and over the past 7 years as well.

But players just play.

I don’t have to provide proof that he was kept in the loop any more then you do for thinking he wasn’t. My opinion is that I’d find it hard to believe that Rodgers wasn’t privy to the going’s on and was allowed the forum to express his opinion. Aaron Rodgers is the single most important person, by a country mile I might add, in this Packers organization right now and you’ll have a hard time convincing me he wasn’t kept in the loop. 

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

But players just play.

No proof either way that Rodgers was or was not in the loop.  

2 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

I don’t have to provide proof that he was kept in the loop any more then you do for thinking he wasn’t. My opinion is that I’d find it hard to believe that Rodgers wasn’t privy to the going’s on and was allowed the forum to express his opinion. Aaron Rodgers is the single most important person, by a country mile I might add, in this Packers organization right now and you’ll have a hard time convincing me he wasn’t kept in the loop. 

you made the claim initially responding to me suggesting it's not a good idea to do that (and not practiced in the league overall).

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers is not consulted on coaching moves/FO moves save maybe QB coach. I doubt they ran any of this by him.

Offensive player acquisition maybe, not FO/coaching changes.

Like I said, I find it hard to believe they didn’t at the very least give the most important person in this organization a heads up first. I’m not saying they asked his permission but I find it hard to believe he would be treated as some random “just a player”. 

3 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Like I said, I find it hard to believe they didn’t at the very least give the most important person in this organization a heads up first. I’m not saying they asked his permission but I find it hard to believe he would be treated as some random “just a player”. 

it's like 3 steps above his pay-grade. I really don't see why someone would think he would be involved - it's not how businesses are run.

Of course AR is important, but the franchise transcends even him. This decision outlasts Rodgers, his role pales in comparison.

Archived