Bennett out as OC, Van Pelt out as QB Coach

Hawkfan191

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

But are they better than Brett Hundley?  Are they $2-3M better than Hundley?

Yeah that's my thinking, probably not. Everyone points to Case as if a lot of teams have a good 2 mil backup, that kinda thing.

If we gave big money (2-3) to a backup QB before the year, could you imagine?! It would have been pitchforks and lynching ropes. 

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah that's my thinking, probably not. Everyone points to Case as if a lot of teams have a good 2 mil backup, that kinda thing.

If we gave big money (2-3) to a backup QB before the year, could you imagine?! It would have been pitchforks and lynching ropes. 

Especially for a guy whose managed to stay relatively healthy as a starting QB.  He's had two freak injuries to his collarbone, and now people want to spend good money on a backup QB.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you like greater minds, you should check out some of @AlexGreen#20's post.  He's really insightful in the X's and O's.  Also, @squire12 has had some really impressive posts as well.

Thanks,

On the Bennett topic, I don't really know what to say. The rumor that I've heard is that Bennett was close to Sherman and Wolf. He wanted to work for the Packers so they made up a job title for him. From there he was basically never bad enough at his job to get fired. 

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Thanks,

On the Bennett topic, I don't really know what to say. The rumor that I've heard is that Bennett was close to Sherman and Wolf. He wanted to work for the Packers so they made up a job title for him. From there he was basically never bad enough at his job to get fired. 

sounds about right

Interested to see how things shake out. Wonder if Rodgers won’t want to sign an extension this offseason with all of these changes - i.e. will want to see the new staff in place for a year before committing to staying for what may very well be the end of his career.

Just now, packerjmf said:

Interested to see how things shake out. Wonder if Rodgers won’t want to sign an extension this offseason with all of these changes - i.e. will want to see the new staff in place for a year before committing to staying for what may very well be the end of his career.

Does anyone truly believe that Rodgers won't stay for the remained of his career?

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Does anyone truly believe that Rodgers won't stay for the remained of his career?

Worst case scenario is that they have to eventually start franchise tagging the guy .. it will never get that far.  His new deal is coming soon .. probably in the next couple months.  It's going to be at least 5 years and 30 plus mil per.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don’t think him leaving is out of the realm of reasonable probability. If he thinks the team is a mess right now and is bothered guys he was reportedly close to are gone, I don’t see why he wouldn’t consider playing elsewhere. Granted, the franchise tag would make it hard for him to leave since it’s especially a raw deal for a guy who is the best at his position and getting up there in years.

Archived