New Coordinators(If Needed)

vikings209

48 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Back the Brinks truck up for DeFilippo.

DeFilippo didn't call the plays, so I'm not necessarily backing up the truck for him, because he did run one of the worst offenses in Cleveland.  Granted, it's still Cleveland, but he did have full control of that offense considering that Pettine was the HC...and it wasn't very good.  In Philly, he's just the QB coach.  Granted, he's done a nice job developing Wentz, but they have 2 former backup QBs in Pederson and Reich ahead of him, so I don't how much credit you give to DeFilippo.

Calling plays no longer seems to be pivotal.  McVay/Nagy/even Pederson himself were secondary play-callers at their respective stops.  The system/mentality appear to be better indicators of future success, as well as the ability to adapt.  If DeFillipo has assumed Pederson's aggression while adding his own nuances, I am intrigued.  The 2015 Browns were laughably deficient at the skill position players.  I do not lend much credence to any coach's resume if they're working for Jimmy Haslem.

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

There’s a reason that DeFilippo was being interviewed for multiple head coaching vacancies, while Frank Reich was not. I think some are significantly underestimating DeFilippo’s role in the Eagles offense. 

That's a fair way to look at it, but even I've seen in some snippets that he has a significant role of developing Wentz specifically, not much influence on the offense as a whole.  That doesn't mean he can't do it, but specifically, I'm not backing up the truck for him...I'd need to listen to his plan first.  As I understand, he's a stickler for details, which I suspect that Zimmer might find attractive, but that doesn't mean that his offensive design might be all that attractive.   You can be keep pushing that rock up the hill, but if you're not pushing it up the right hill, it's gonna keep falling back down.  

Archived