Joe Philbin to return to Green Bay

CWood21

Even though I was critical of MM this year, I really like this move too.  The success of the Packers offense with Philbin on board is legit.

Now get Fangio for DC.  It'll be a great way to take a mulligan on 2017, and make some moderate, but necesssary changes.  If the Packers continue to struggle or are incredibly mediocre next year, then they can clean house without rocking the boat two years in a row.

5 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

So the team is more or less replacing Bennett with Philbin on the coaching staff.  I don't see Philbin as any kind of genius, but replacing Bennett with Philbin seems like a clear win to me.

Dilly, Dilly x2!  Bennett goes back to WR coach?

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, Pugger said:

I'm happy about this.  We went 15-1 when he was our OC back in the day.  :)

And back when he was our OC I felt our offense could have a big day against the good defenses in the NFL. That hasn't been the case lately. Our offense has been so neutered the last few years where we expectedly light up poor defenses but then get stomped or stymied by the good defenses. Rodgers was on a role in the postseason with Philbin as OC. He was putting up Joe Montana like numbers in the postseason. Rodgers has only had a couple dominant performances in the postseason since Philbin left, pretty much just the first two playoff games last year. That is what I'm excited about. Maybe Rodgers can get his playoff mojo back under Philbin. He used to be unstoppable in the playoffs.  

Archived