Week 18: Titans vs. Chiefs

gopherwrestler

My text alert already tabbed Kelce as having a concussion; they specifically noted "concussion" where typically it will note "head injury" on those sort of hits, so they may have (not that it should have been that much trouble with how punch drunk he looked on the field) already made a concussion diagnosis.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I was speaking largely to GDT's and NFLG in general.

However, I still think that you thinking Jameis being clearly better than Mariota is just a bad opinion; they're equal at best.  Mariota at least has the knee injury as a maybe-excuse for his regression, Jameis is out there making those WTF turnover passes on the regular with no excuse other than he refuses to learn or rein himself in.  Knocking Mariota only to prop up Jameis after an interception just feels hypocritical because that' the exact same type of throw Jameis would make.

Jameis had an injury to his throwing shoulder since game 2. It’s unknown how much that impacted him this season, however it appeared to reduce the velocity of his throws by quite a bit.

Winston’s decision making is still extremely hot and cold, but he continued to reduce the number of truly terrible decisions this season. I’d go as far to say that with his throwing shoulder as healthy as it was when he finished the season, quite a few of the apparently terrible decisions from this season would end up being completions through tight windows.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

yes, with accuracy, in points where only the receiver catches it...

His worst thing is he doesn't throw the ball away and he just takes a chance.

Misnomer.  In actual triple-coverage there is no area short of the receiver catching passes thrown at his ankles that "only the receiver can catch it."  It's an overused truism by commentators.  More often than not on throws into triple-coverage that are labeled that, the receiver is making a play on the ball that makes the throw look better or more accurate than it is.  If a receiver has to box out after the ball has left the QB's hands, the ball wasn't thrown where "only the receiver could get it."

Archived