Divisional Round: Vikings vs. Saints, Week 19

Riddle

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

make gopherwrestler nervous for kick offs, our defense can probably contain him, but can our special teams?

Vikings Special teams has been very very good this year. I'm not worried in the least about containing one guy in the normal flow of a game. The Bears were really the only team to get a couple over on the Vikings through trickery. 

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

make gopherwrestler nervous for kick offs, our defense can probably contain him, but can our special teams?

I think it's coaching more than leg strength as the biggest factor in the "mediocre" percentage

Two possibilities coming out of this:

1. Teddy just isn't what we think he is anymore. Zimmer and Shurmur lost faith in him
  2. The believe if they have to play from behind, Sammy is a better PASSER and will be able to play catch-up better than Bridgewater/Keenum. Shurmur may know what play calls to use for Sam rather than what to call for Teddy.

I have a very hard time believing that Zimmer has lost faith in Bridgewater. I’m more inclined to believe that, if it’s true, that he’s going with the two more recently played quarterbacks. 

Lets also not forget that Bradford has played the Saints once already this year, he’s game planned for them once already and may be able to provide more insight. 

It’s not about 2018, we’re all in to finish 2017, and Bradford and Keenum are probably more game day ready than Bridgewater (who really wasn’t expected to play in 2017). 

Think what Nick Saban did in the National Championship game.

First QB was struggling and couldn't throw the ball, but could scramble and make a few plays.
Halftime, having to play from behind, he needed the "thrower" to come back and win the game
Put in the back-up
came back to win the game.....

16 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Two possibilities coming out of this:

1. Teddy just isn't what we think he is anymore. Zimmer and Shurmur lost faith in him
  2. The believe if they have to play from behind, Sammy is a better PASSER and will be able to play catch-up better than Bridgewater/Keenum. Shurmur may know what play calls to use for Sam rather than what to call for Teddy.

I think you're reading way way way way too much into it with #1.

Teddy still hasn't played a meaningful snap on 2+ seasons. He's STILL a giant question mark. Like @SemperFeist said, Bradford played all of last season and started week 1 and dominated.

This was a no brainer.

Alright gentleman, its game day. You received your instructions in the locker room. I want a good clean fight. No low blows; kicking; butting; or gouging. Now touch gloves, go back to your corners, and come out fighting at the bell!

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I do like Mortenson hedging his bets with “unless something happens”. Meaning if he’s wrong, he can always claim “something” happened. 

Its a helluva trick. Never be 100% sure, and you're never really wrong!

Archived