The Natty

OttoGrahamsGhost

Look at these teams with their timeouts mostly in take so late in the 4th quarter. How can we never have any late in a game when we need them?!

every bowl game I have watched, every head coach has had better clock management than any coach we have had in 19 years

The thing about nickel CB/S like Minkah is no matter how great they are....they can be schemed out of major impact if a team gets pass happy down the field.

He didn't cover their WR1 or their WR2 the entire game. They used him twice I think on the boundary as a blitzing CB.

Georgia doesnt use a TE heavily or and threw on the outside a lot so he wasn't involved in impacting those plays.

He did show up as he does in run support.

If we draft him, it has to be as our starting SS...thereby under utilizing Jabrill to his talent strength, but Jabrill really did range well in the pass as a FS at times.

The combo of FS Peppers and SS Minkah is a stronger combo than FS Minkah and SS Peppers.

We have 3 good LBs so playing Minkah or Jabrill as a nickel box supporter playmaker isn't realistic.

I love Minkah...he's really good...his intangibles are off the charts, but with each passing day I'm further away from the thought of taking him top 5.

The impact of a CB1 boundary player via a trade down a few spots for a player like Carlton Davis is likely a better proposition.

Saquon Barkley if he's there at 4, Bradley Chubb at 4, or trade down and select CB1 Carlton Davis...those options are becoming even more clear.

As much as Irsay supposedly wants Barkley...you'd have to think the QB market is going to get so crazy that someone out of the Jets or Broncos is going to make him an offer he can't refuse to come up and get the 3rd QB.

That's our only way of getting Barkley..chances are thin.

Well, I didn't watch a second of the game last night. I'm hoping that with the ALL SEC Title game just like 2011, the ratings from last night will/did go in the tank, making people reevaluate the current 4 team system. It's a shame that UCF was left out, especially given all of the mid major success in major bowl games over the past 10-13 years, whether it's them, Boise State, Utah (twice), or others. The 4 team system also leaves out at least 1 major conference by design (see the mess that was 2014). They need either 6 or 8.

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

The thing about nickel CB/S like Minkah is no matter how great they are....they can be schemed out of major impact if a team gets pass happy down the field.

He didn't cover their WR1 or their WR2 the entire game. They used him twice I think on the boundary as a blitzing CB.

Georgia doesnt use a TE heavily or and threw on the outside a lot so he wasn't involved in impacting those plays.

He did show up as he does in run support.

If we draft him, it has to be as our starting SS...thereby under utilizing Jabrill to his talent strength, but Jabrill really did range well in the pass as a FS at times.

The combo of FS Peppers and SS Minkah is a stronger combo than FS Minkah and SS Peppers.

We have 3 good LBs so playing Minkah or Jabrill as a nickel box supporter playmaker isn't realistic.

I love Minkah...he's really good...his intangibles are off the charts, but with each passing day I'm further away from the thought of tak

I watched the game mainly to see him play, I walked away not impressed. All the talk and hype he didn’t make that great or that much of an impact. Didn’t really see or  hear him making plays. I was hoping this game would put me over the edge for him but it didn’t. 

I feel like him and Peppers are interchangeable. Rather got front 7 or corner instead of him

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Well, I didn't watch a second of the game last night. I'm hoping that with the ALL SEC Title game just like 2011, the ratings from last night will/did go in the tank, making people reevaluate the current 4 team system. It's a shame that UCF was left out, especially given all of the mid major success in major bowl games over the past 10-13 years, whether it's them, Boise State, Utah (twice), or others. The 4 team system also leaves out at least 1 major conference by design (see the mess that was 2014). They need either 6 or 8.

8 teams was always the right answer.

It’s unreal when a situation is so clear to even casual fans but those in control can’t seem to figure it out. ***gives the side eye to Jimmy Haslam***

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Never trust a Georgia team.

Unless they're playing Cleveland: See, the 1995 Braves

In all seriousness though, what a BRUTAL 11 months for those Georgia fans between what happened last night and what happened in the Super Bowl. 

Imagine, if you told fans of the game that a TRUE FRESHMAN QB would make the game winning TD pass in overtime, 100% of fans pick Georgia to win it all.

tenor.gif?itemid=5487756

Archived