2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

44 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If Allen Robinson was willing to do a 1 year deal, I'd be down but I think that's unlikely.

This is interesting... Worked out well for Alshon, but not at all for Pryor. I have to assume ARob would prefer to stay in Jax, but maybe not.. we knew he was getting frustrated with Bortles

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

This year may end up being an anomaly in many ways before all is said and done, but look at the WR corps of the playoff teams. Belichick would faint if he saw what we are shelling out at that position. The Eagles WR on paper are laughable. There are some lessons to be learned and we have talked about some of them already. MM needs to diagram better and IF some rumors are true, Rodgers needs to stop being a baby 

I'd be leery about jumping to that kind of conclusion.  Talent is talent.  And if that affects Aaron Rodgers, than is it really worth creating that issue?  Not really.  Should the Packers spend that much on WR?  Probably not, which is why I anticipate they'll approach Jordy Nelson about an extension that lowers his cap hit this year in order to get an extra year or two.

5 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

This is interesting... Worked out well for Alshon, but not at all for Pryor. I have to assume ARob would prefer to stay in Jax, but maybe not.. we knew he was getting frustrated with Bortles

I would assume there'd be some sort of level of interest.  The problem is will a team be willing to do a multi-year deal with a high AAV?  My guess is yes, but I also didn't think Alshon Jeffrey would sign a 1 year deal.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I would assume there'd be some sort of level of interest.  The problem is will a team be willing to do a multi-year deal with a high AAV?  My guess is yes, but I also didn't think Alshon Jeffrey would sign a 1 year deal.

Jeffrey just didn't want to be in Chicago, that much is clear. Take a 1 year deal with a good QB and see where your value stands. Allen could very much be int he same boat, but it's a very personal decision. He has to not want to be in Jax first, and we haven't heard anything like that. 

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Jeffrey just didn't want to be in Chicago, that much is clear. Take a 1 year deal with a good QB and see where your value stands. Allen could very much be int he same boat, but it's a very personal decision. He has to not want to be in Jax first, and we haven't heard anything like that. 

LIS, there's a LOT of room for speculation.  Looking at this objectively, he's not going to get the big contract with high guarantees that he was going to get had he come off another strong season.  I'd anticipate he'll still get some good offers, but not the big deal that he was going to get.  By playing with Aaron Rodgers for a year, he could post big numbers and show he's healthy and cash in big next offseason.  Seems unlikely, but possible.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

LIS, there's a LOT of room for speculation.  Looking at this objectively, he's not going to get the big contract with high guarantees that he was going to get had he come off another strong season.  I'd anticipate he'll still get some good offers, but not the big deal that he was going to get.  By playing with Aaron Rodgers for a year, he could post big numbers and show he's healthy and cash in big next offseason.  Seems unlikely, but possible.

Fingers crossed. But I think he does have 2 locations that would give him a pretty big deal. And one of them he could have a bigger statistical year than here... San Francisco. 

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd be leery about jumping to that kind of conclusion.  Talent is talent.  And if that affects Aaron Rodgers, than is it really worth creating that issue?  Not really.  Should the Packers spend that much on WR?  Probably not, which is why I anticipate they'll approach Jordy Nelson about an extension that lowers his cap hit this year in order to get an extra year or two.

Yep. Here's what's been bothering me about that. Why are our throwing windows so damn small ? At first I just assumed our defense was that bad and that was my comparison. One thing I noticed last night was Foles did not have to make any crazy difficult throws. Rewind to our Super Bowl and Rodgers had to make incredible throws. Why ? I defended Rodgers for the longest time with regard to the trust issue which has come up time to time. Fast forward to today, and I want to ask why. Either Janis and Davis have no brain cells or there is something else. Why ? I don't think it's a coincidence that MM essentially said they are 're-writing' the playbook. I'm spitballing

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Yep. Here's what's been bothering me about that. Why are our throwing windows so damn small ? At first I just assumed our defense was that bad and that was my comparison. One thing I noticed last night was Foles did not have to make any crazy difficult throws. Rewind to our Super Bowl and Rodgers had to make incredible throws. Why ? I defended Rodgers for the longest time with regard to the trust issue which has come up time to time. Fast forward to today, and I want to ask why. Either Janis and Davis have no brain cells or there is something else. Why ? I don't think it's a coincidence that MM essentially said they are 're-writing' the playbook. I'm spitballing

I mean, there's no doubt that Rodgers shoulders some of the blame.  He relies almost too heavily on trust, and he'll pass up the easy throws for big gains.  It's part of his game.  So if you want Rodgers to not be himself, go right ahead but you're also taking away who he is.

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, there's no doubt that Rodgers shoulders some of the blame.  He relies almost too heavily on trust, and he'll pass up the easy throws for big gains.  It's part of his game.  So if you want Rodgers to not be himself, go right ahead but you're also taking away who he is.

I think it's simple in that our offense isn't creative. We give the creativity to Rodgers to improv on simple concepts and route combinations. I wish we would see us line up in bunch, have more pre-snap shifts. Our offense got more creative when Rodgers was hurt.

Also, I loved Pederson's quote today... "coaching aggressively is the way to win the Super Bowl, coaching conservatively is the way to go 8-8"

5 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I think it's simple in that our offense isn't creative. We give the creativity to Rodgers to improv on simple concepts and route combinations. I wish we would see us line up in bunch, have more pre-snap shifts. Our offense got more creative when Rodgers was hurt.

Also, I loved Pederson's quote today... "coaching aggressively is the way to win the Super Bowl, coaching conservatively is the way to go 8-8"

Until you go for it on 4th and 1 in your own half of the field against the Giants in the playoffs last year and everyone on this board is screaming at you.

Executing is the way to win a Superbowl. 

MM can be accused of a lot of things, but not being aggressive isn't one of them. 

58 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Foles threw into some tight windows.  He dropped some really nice balls into spots where his WR was the only one that could come down with it.

43 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:
45 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Until you go for it on 4th and 1 in your own half of the field against the Giants in the playoffs last year and everyone on this board is screaming at you.

Executing is the way to win a Superbowl. 

MM can be accused of a lot of things, but not being aggressive isn't one of them. 

We went for it on 4th and 1, but we ran it into a stacked box lmao. That was a boring and predictable and safe play, despite it being a risk going for it on 4th, which just makes it stupid. Half measures

50 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

First off, why does creative somehow imply effective?  We're a top 5 offense with a healthy Aaron Rodgers, and we're not that "creative" offensively.  I could give a damn about how creative an offense is.  Effective offenses are effective regardless of whether or not they're creative.  The only thing creative does is gives fans a reason to get excited.  There's more hit or miss than people care to admit.

And I don't really understand Pederson's quote.  It's easy to say when you're playing with house money.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

First off, why does creative somehow imply effective?  We're a top 5 offense with a healthy Aaron Rodgers, and we're not that "creative" offensively.  I could give a damn about how creative an offense is.  Effective offenses are effective regardless of whether or not they're creative.  The only thing creative does is gives fans a reason to get excited.  There's more hit or miss than people care to admit.

And I don't really understand Pederson's quote.  It's easy to say when you're playing with house money.

you are not in a good mood today woody

Archived