2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

Agholor has been terrific in the playoffs.  Really good.  The combo of Agholor and Jeffery has been fantastic, combined with Ertz.  A really top-end collection of targets for Wentz and Foles.  

I would love to see Rodgers having a collection of high-end talented targets like that.  

Having a terrific o-line helped, too.  

Jordy, Cobb, and Rodgers are nice crafty smart vets for sure.  But they aren't on par with with playoffs-version of Agholor and Jeffery and Ertz.  

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

Eh, I'm not advocating for a 1st round WR but to call Agholor a bust at this point is ludicrous. He looked good to great this year. His career up to this season was horrendous, but he put it together this year.

He was a bust.  Nice to have for sure, but he was not worth that pick, and it was a bad pick.  Trying to use Nelson as a point for drafting a receiver in one is the same as arguing that you should lose your young franchise MVP QB three weeks from the start of the playoffs so that your backup QB can win the Super Bowl.

40 minutes ago, craig said:

Agholor has been terrific in the playoffs.  Really good.  The combo of Agholor and Jeffery has been fantastic, combined with Ertz.  A really top-end collection of targets for Wentz and Foles.  

I would love to see Rodgers having a collection of high-end talented targets like that.  

Having a terrific o-line helped, too.  

Jordy, Cobb, and Rodgers are nice crafty smart vets for sure.  But they aren't on par with with playoffs-version of Agholor and Jeffery and Ertz.  

Like he has had most of his career in GB...? Prime Jordy and Cobb (still is) were better than Jeffery and Agholor   Not to mention Adams. The only issue is Rodgers hasn't' had a TE like Ertz since Finley and that needs to be addressed.

I'd posture that Jody, Cobb, and Adams with Rodgers were better in early 2017 (pre collarbone)  than what philly has at WR.

Jennings, Driver, Jones, Cobb, Jordy, Finley...have people already forgot what was?

12 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Like he has had most of his career in GB...? Prime Jordy and Cobb (still is) were better than Jeffery and Agholor   Not to mention Adams. The only issue is Rodgers hasn't' had a TE like Ertz since Finley and that needs to be addressed.

I'd posture that Jody, Cobb, and Adams with Rodgers were better in early 2017 (pre collarbone)  than what philly has at WR.

Jennings, Driver, Jones, Cobb, Jordy, Finley...have people already forgot what was?

Rodgers made most of those guys better than what they were though. Case in point, James Jones caught 14 TDs in 2015 and couldn't find a job on another team either prior to or after that. Greg Jennings fell off the map in Minny and probably was the best WR to ever play with Rodgers.

Jordy in his prime was a very solid WR but not top 10. Now without Rodgers, Jordy would look pretty much like he looked with Hundley. He would simply disappear every other game. Cobb is vastly overrated, I wouldnt even put him in top 10 among slot receivers. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Rodgers made most of those guys better than what they were though. Case in point, James Jones caught 14 TDs in 2015 and couldn't find a job on another team either prior to or after that. Greg Jennings fell off the map in Minny and probably was the best WR to ever play with Rodgers.

Jordy in his prime was a very solid WR but not top 10. Now without Rodgers, Jordy would look pretty much like he looked with Hundley. He would simply disappear every other game. Cobb is vastly overrated, I wouldnt even put him in top 10 among slot receivers. 

Jennings didn't do much when he left GB because of poor QB play and age. Jennings was a stud and i don't understand why people overlook that.

Jordy not a top 10 WR in his prime is a joke.

36 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Not sure if the argument was so much that Rodgers has never had it, as much as it’s time to restock the larders? Yea having Rodgers lets you skimp on the receiver talent somewhat, but giving him weapons allows for some exciting possibilities. Just like you mentioned, when he had 5 wide, this offense was nasty.

(Not suggesting a first, before you freak out HorizontoZenith - I’m starting to think you picked your name because you’re unaware that there are angles in between)

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This is a very bad take.

1 hour ago, ArthurPensky said:

Draft twitter seems to fallen back in favor of Landry ( by my experience). If he does well at the combine, can he be taken at #14?

I love him, he has excellent hands and sheds blockers very well. If you watch his tape he hustles every play and plays hard in the 4th when they are down by a lot as well.  I also think Lorenzo Carter is going to fly up boards.

2 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Like he has had most of his career in GB...? Prime Jordy and Cobb (still is) were better than Jeffery and Agholor   ....Jennings, Driver, Jones, Cobb, Jordy, Finley...have people already forgot what was?

Heh heh, I remember, and that's partly why we should be so aware of how weak by comparison the WR/TE group is now.  And will only get weaker yet if significant talent isn't added.  Time hurries on.  Whatever Jordy/Cobb were before, whatever Aghelor was before, that's history.  What they are now and what they will be future, that's what matters.  

I don't think the 2018/2019 version of Jordy/Cobb/Kendricks is going to carry us to the Super Bowl.  If the 2018 choice is between cobb/Jordy/D-Rod versus Jeffery/Agholor/Ertz, I don't think it's really a question.  

Philadelphia's offense was unstoppable.  New England's offense was pretty much unstoppable.  Two really, really good offense that rolled.  New England's offense struggled but eventually 2nd-half rolled over Jacksonville's terrific defense to get to the SB.  Philly's terrific offense rolled right over Minnesota's fantastic terrific defense.  It was great offense that won.

Even with Rodgers, I don't think the Packers are going to have that kind of great offense running out Jordy, Cobb, Kendricks, and Richard Rodgers all the time.  Aaron needs some targets. 

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is a very bad take.

I mean I know you're a Cobb lover from previous posts but the rest are just facts, not really opinion other than saying Jordy wasnt top 10. We picked up Jones off the street in 2015 and Rodgers made him the top TD receiver in football. Jennings got a big contract to leave GB while he still had plenty of juice left and fizzled out. Him and Rodgers were a dynamic duo in 2010 and 2011 until he had his injury. 

Im not saying the guys are bums but has playing with Aaron Rodgers lifted them up a half tier or so, i dont see how thats debatable. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I mean I know you're a Cobb lover from previous posts but the rest are just facts, not really opinion other than saying Jordy wasnt top 10. We picked up Jones off the street in 2015 and Rodgers made him the top TD receiver in football. Jennings got a big contract to leave GB while he still had plenty of juice left and fizzled out. Him and Rodgers were a dynamic duo in 2010 and 2011 until he had his injury. 

Im not saying the guys are bums but has playing with Aaron Rodgers lifted them up a half tier or so, i dont see how thats debatable. 

We kept Jennings and Jones until they were past their prime. Jennings was surely a top 10 receiver in his prime. Jones was one of the better possession receivers in the league. Nelson not being in the top 10 at any point is a laughably bad opinion. Cobb was a premier slot guy coming into the league, his legs deteriorated faster than most expected but he was a great talent, Adams is a top 10 WR in the NFL currently and Jermichael Finley was a top 10 TE in his prime, oh and Rodgers also had Driver.

He's had legit pass catching talent. The only players that Favre ever had that were better than the guys listed were Sharpe and one year of Javon Walker.

The problem is that right now, between WR, TE, and running backs, the only good pass-catcher we have from those three position groups is Adams.  We're expecting Rodgers to create a top-shelf offense with only a single good target.  

The offense needs attention.  

21 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

New name. Calvin Ridley... I know WR is deep and we can get a darn good one maybe even in the 4th or 5th round but dang. This guys runs the best routes I think I’ve ever seen from a college prospect. He’s ALWAYS open!

Walter Football take on Calvin Ridley

Interesting. Adams is borderline beastly. A technician on the other side would be great. Does his game sound a bit like Greg Jennings'?

Archived