CLE - Barclay

DEN - Chubb

INDY - Ward

TPA - Fitzpatrick

CHI - Nelson

BUF (via trade with SF) - Mayfield

OAK - Davenport

59 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I would love for Chicago to take a guard that high. Definitely don't want them ganking a D prospect I like. 

You think that #9 is too hard for a guard?  I'm loving that in this mock, the #5 pick is a washed up UDFA G/T combo player!

On a different note...

Vita Vea.  Anyone else see special or elite traits in that kid?  I'm getting around to watching a little tape, highlights more or less, and I see some elite traits there.  Like Haloti Ngata type traits.  I'm coming away from him thinking he goes before #14.  If someone needs a DT who can handle the run, add some rush and keep backers clean, he's the guy.  Gotta think that Gruden would like him with Oakland's pick...if he is still there.  

Just trying to look at the draft and ponder a trade up scenario for GB....  Go with me on this ride...

Pick #9 is San Fran.  Drafting for the future, they could like the small trade down. 

Pick #9 is worth 1350 according to Draft Tek.  Pick #14 is worth 1100.  Pick 76 (GB 3rd round) is worth 210 and pick #133 (comp 4'th) is worth 39.  GB trades #14, #76 and #133 (1349 total) to San Fran for pick #9 worth 1350. 

Now I just gotta list the guys most likely to be gone with picks 1-8.  In no order...Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Chubb, Barkley, Nelson, then either Fitz or Ward.

Point being, you for giving up the 3rd and the comp 4'th to move up for either Fitz or Ward?  Heck, I'd even throw James in that conversation.

If things go sideways and they are gone, that means a QB has fallen a little.  Gotta think that Arizona would try really hard to leapfrog Buffalo if that happened, then GB can work a trade down and get their picks back...and then some.

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

I would love for Chicago to take a guard that high. Definitely don't want them ganking a D prospect I like. 

Whispering under my breath.........

Edmunds.....Edmunds........Edmunds...............Edmunds............................ :)

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Just trying to look at the draft and ponder a trade up scenario for GB....  Go with me on this ride...

Pick #9 is San Fran.  Drafting for the future, they could like the small trade down. 

Pick #9 is worth 1350 according to Draft Tek.  Pick #14 is worth 1100.  Pick 76 (GB 3rd round) is worth 210 and pick #133 (comp 4'th) is worth 39.  GB trades #14, #76 and #133 (1349 total) to San Fran for pick #9 worth 1350. 

Now I just gotta list the guys most likely to be gone with picks 1-8.  In no order...Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Chubb, Barkley, Nelson, then either Fitz or Ward.

Point being, you for giving up the 3rd and the comp 4'th to move up for either Fitz or Ward?  Heck, I'd even throw James in that conversation.

If things go sideways and they are gone, that means a QB has fallen a little.  Gotta think that Arizona would try really hard to leapfrog Buffalo if that happened, then GB can work a trade down and get their picks back...and then some.

I would for Fitz, but not Ward.  I think there are other CBs who would be a better fit than Ward.  He's fine at #14 but not worth trading up for.  I think Fitz is a difference maker, not sure Ward is worth the extra picks.  #9 might be enough to nab Edmunds though.

Definitely a guy who's been talked about but:

MICHAEL GALLUP

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/michael-gallup?id=2559851

STRENGTHS

Possesses good combination of height, weight, speed. Light-footed, bounding athlete. Sudden feet and quick hands are effective in ridding himself of press attempts. Drives off cornerback into an aggressive backpedal with hard vertical push up the field. Has 20-yard speed to climb over cornerbacks trying to squat on underneath stuff. Routes showed improved attention to detail this year. Can brake sharply to uncover on short routes or create separation from route stems and breaks on intermediates and posts. Very competitive after the catch. Has burst from a standstill. Offers unique open field instincts as a runner finding optimal space to run. Springy leaper who plucks it way out in front of his frame. Uses body control and timing to win contested catches downfield. Thrives on back shoulder throws.

@Packerraymond

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I would for Fitz, but not Ward.  I think there are other CBs who would be a better fit than Ward.  He's fine at #14 but not worth trading up for.  I think Fitz is a difference maker, not sure Ward is worth the extra picks.  #9 might be enough to nab Edmunds though.

To be clear, I'd do it for either.  But Fitz is the one I want more.  He has the leadership traits that this club could really use.  That and he can come in and play slot right away.  I really like him and am just hoping GB finds a way to land him.

Wanted to pose a question.

Does anyone have examples/comps of a guy who, by all accounts going into the draft was a "high floor guy" or "low risk not huge upside" who ends up being an ALL PRO or superstar type player?

I know there's plenty of examples of players with high ceilings busting, plenty of examples of mediocre guys busting, plenty of sure things who busted also.  Are there examples of a "safe" pick becoming a positional best or top player?

Revis?  Even he had really really high upside.  Kirk Cousins (not quite the elite player I'm looking for, but definitely fits that safe mold).  Maybe Bakhtiari is the best example?  Even he was a lot of projection and I think most would say in that draft that was just a great example of projecting a player who could easily fail.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Whispering under my breath.........

Edmunds.....Edmunds........Edmunds...............Edmunds............................ :)

I heard on TV if an erection lasts more than four hours you should go to the hospital

59 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Wanted to pose a question.

Does anyone have examples/comps of a guy who, by all accounts going into the draft was a "high floor guy" or "low risk not huge upside" who ends up being an ALL PRO or superstar type player?

I know there's plenty of examples of players with high ceilings busting, plenty of examples of mediocre guys busting, plenty of sure things who busted also.  Are there examples of a "safe" pick becoming a positional best or top player?

Revis?  Even he had really really high upside.  Kirk Cousins (not quite the elite player I'm looking for, but definitely fits that safe mold).  Maybe Bakhtiari is the best example?  Even he was a lot of projection and I think most would say in that draft that was just a great example of projecting a player who could easily fail.

CJ Mosley? I remember thinking he was a pretty safe, not very sexy pick. Not as much upside as Shazier.

And maybe HaHa that year as well? Pryor was the flashier prospect.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Regardless, last year I was Jonesing for GB to take Mixon. That didnt happen and Edmunds probably stands about as much chance.

I was on the mixon train for awhile myself. I never really followed his progress during the season though. Usually lose interest in players pretty quick that don't end up in GB. 

Archived