2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

16 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

my favorite WR in the draft.  Feeling he's gonna sneak into the first since this is a horrible WR class.

Honestly don't think there's much of a chance he sneaks into the 1st, no matter how bad this WR class is.  You're either usually a plus athlete or one of those big WRs.  Being average in everything is part of what is going to get him overlooked IMO.

49 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Gallup shouldn't be considered until the 3rd.  Average everything.  He'll be just a guy imo.

Agreed.

Also, I like the idea of J'Mon Moore. His measurables check out, but he's a bit of a raw prospect. Worth it in the 3rd if we've addressed needs on defense. Probably a better investment than the one with explosives in his backpack...

4 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Anybody like Keke Coutee in the mid rounds? He looks like a solid prospect all around but wonder if size will be an issue. 

toughness is an issue. Still, if he can fit the slot position with some coaching and maturity, he may be worth it...

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Tremon Smith, Central Arkansas cornerback.  Anybody have an opinion on him?

I haven't watched any film, only did a google search after a guy on another website asked me about him.

Looks intriguing.  Decent height, little light, seems bright...is fast.  At the very least seems like a good developmental corner and special teams guy right away....

Just curious if anyone has done a deeper dive on him.

I just had him in most recent mock. All I know is he has solid size, blazing speed, and great ball production in college.

2 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

How about this J’Mon Moore from Missouri?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/j'mon-moore?id=32462018-0002-5600-241e-b3b4f7f6d768

6’3

6.56 3 cone

4.49 49 (pro day)

38 inch vertical

Production with 1050 yards and 10 TDs in 2017

1000 yards and 8 TD In 2016

I'm pretty sure he has some sort of character concerns. Good size and athleticism though.

Interested to see if we double up on EDGE Rushers this draft. Davenport/Landry at 14, then a guy like Ogbonnia Okoronkwo or Genard Avery later on. I'm done with Kyler Fackrell. Clay is soon to be 32. Time to really add depth and get another impact guy, do what we can to cover up the secondary.

48 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Interested to see if we double up on EDGE Rushers this draft. Davenport/Landry at 14, then a guy like Ogbonnia Okoronkwo or Genard Avery later on. I'm done with Kyler Fackrell. Clay is soon to be 32. Time to really add depth and get another impact guy, do what we can to cover up the secondary.

Sad thing is I think we easily need to double up on corners as well. 

6 hours ago, cooters22 said:

Sad thing is I think we easily need to double up on corners as well. 

I disagree. Sign House, get one CB early and we’ll have Tramon/House/King and a early round DP. That’s not terrible depth at all.

Doubling up on pass rushers early I wouldn’t be opposed to. I’m pretty high on Ejiofer from Wake.

Im hoping we get a EDGE, CB and WR early. Real early. 

5 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

I disagree. Sign House, get one CB early and we’ll have Tramon/House/King and a early round DP. That’s not terrible depth at all.

Doubling up on pass rushers early I wouldn’t be opposed to. I’m pretty high on Ejiofer from Wake.

Im hoping we get a EDGE, CB and WR early. Real early. 

I'm actually more concerned about our corner situation than edge right now, but I have concern there too. I guess I think the Wilkerson addition is going to be huge; Perry coming back is fruitful hope; Biegel I think (hope) is going to bring it this year and get on the field and contribute; Matthews the hope is he gets a new fire lit with our new DC. Fackrell well no I won't plead a case for him, I just don't see anything out of him. Deep down I am hoping that we still draft Roquan Smith (not based off of need at all, only because I think he's just going to be that good), who added 6.5 sacks blitzing from the middle last year. We move guys around our defense all the time, why can't he be moved to the edge at times, instead of coming off the field? I also like the fact that I think he should be able to cover most TE's.  But yes we could use some young fresh talent there. I guess so many teams are running out 5,6,7 db's at a time now that I hope we just add some talent there. I didn't see much out of House at all. Are we certain he's even coming back at this point and time? Tramon worries me only because of his age, he's going to lose it sooner or later. That all being said we'll probably go G, WR and TE with our first 3 picks. 

2 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

I'm actually more concerned about our corner situation than edge right now, but I have concern there too. I guess I think the Wilkerson addition is going to be huge; Perry coming back is fruitful hope; Biegel I think (hope) is going to bring it this year and get on the field and contribute; Matthews the hope is he gets a new fire lit with our new DC. Fackrell well no I won't plead a case for him, I just don't see anything out of him. Deep down I am hoping that we still draft Roquan Smith (not based off of need at all, only because I think he's just going to be that good), who added 6.5 sacks blitzing from the middle last year. We move guys around our defense all the time, why can't he be moved to the edge at times, instead of coming off the field? I also like the fact that I think he should be able to cover most TE's.  But yes we could use some young fresh talent there. I guess so many teams are running out 5,6,7 db's at a time now that I hope we just add some talent there. I didn't see much out of House at all. Are we certain he's even coming back at this point and time? Tramon worries me only because of his age, he's going to lose it sooner or later. That all being said we'll probably go G, WR and TE with our first 3 picks. 

I would literally die if we did that. 

10 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Gallup shouldn't be considered until the 3rd.  Average everything.  He'll be just a guy imo.

Feel free to elaborate.  For being "average everything", he's been ridiculously productive.

8 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

If you double up early on the same position, you better be willing to "punt" a position until next year.

Archived