2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

27 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

I  have confidence our guys can teach Landry the art of being a complete pass rusher. He can also gain some good weight in a nfl program. You cannot teach what Landry has though. 

This I agree with. Davenport just blows through guys and not around them. He had a very good senior bowl against guys who will get drafted and got better and better as the week went on there, as he got used to the talent level. 

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

@blueswedeshoes 

Some of the guys you listed, like Tarvarius Moore., Anthony Averett and Siran Neal, look like they would be happier as boundary corners, due to being tall, slim, with sub 4.4 speed (Moore, Averett) or being a good bump and run guy (Neal). Moore especially, screams boundary corner, going by his loose hips, size and speed (6'2", 190 lb, 4.32 40).

Others like Rashaan Gaulden, M.J.Stewart, and maybe Armani Watts (if his tackling improves) may not have 4.3x speed, but they have the burst you need to cover inside, can read and react, can blanket cover and tackle. I think it helps if you have a physical nature, since you will be facing RBs and TEs, as well.

I was quoting Lieker's post, so @Lieker :)

Good points. With a new DC we may start to see new trends in what we like for corners.

8 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Did he interview with GB?

I honestly don't know, found this but it doesn't list the teams.

During team interviews, Callaway said most teams have been asking him about the credit card case.

“I actually tried to come back but the whole coaching staff changed,” Callaway said. “I talked to some of the school coaches and asked them what the best move I should do and they said, ‘Just go and pursue your dream.’”

I feel like 12-14 is going to be the last picks for elite players, which is much later than usual. Whether its 12, 13, or 14 will depend on how many Quarterbacks go prior. Either way I love our position because we're either getting someone to fall to us, or we are THEE spot to trade up to with Arizona, Baltimore, and the Chargers all in the QB market right behind us. I'd gladly move down 4-5 spots if Ward/Edmunds/Fitz/James are gone.

I actually don't mind reading Rodney. I just use my brain and decide what I agree with and what I don't. Don't know why guys who puts themselves out there via time and money gets backlash here. It's not like he's Skip Bayless or something. I appreciate being able to read most things I can from anyone that has a Packers perspective and simply filter accordingly. Some find him too negative but I actually prefer that to most of the powderpuff crap that's out there

I actually agree with him on LVE. I also have preconceived notions, I'm guilty. He certainly seems to have special attributes that we haven't seen in our defense in like forever. His coverage skills alone would make us better. That gaping hole in the middle of the field that has been there for over a decade could be solved.  If I'm right about the future of RB's in the passing game, he can chase those guys down too. It seems like if he reaches his ceiling, he has a chance to be the most game changing LB of the class. That's a big IF that I'm not smart enough to decide, but it would be foolish not to entertain the idea of someone like him

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

What is Lorenzo Carter's projected draft slot?  Early 3rd? 

Why isn't he a first rounder?

I think he has the potential to sneak into the late first round.  He is a pretty dam good athlete, on par with Edmunds and LVE.  He might have been overshadowed by some Georgia teammates and was used in a variety of roles and never really seemed to "flourish" at 1 position.  Has pass rush potential for sure, arguably more so than LVE and Edmunds.

Archived