2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

2 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Pretty impressive numbers. Have you seen any of his tape? So many of these smaller corners this year...

Yeah I've seen his tape... the team leaves him alone on an Island a lot in one on one match-ups... and he has great ball skills, and from the WRs I've seen him on... it doesn't matter if you beat him deep, he'll catch back up to you, before the ball gets there. He tries to play very physical as well... only big problem is his size... he's short, small, and lack of reach... while he tries to play physical, some of the bigger WRs will bounce him around when he does.

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yeah I've seen his tape... the team leaves him alone on an Island a lot in one on one match-ups... and he has great ball skills, and from the WRs I've seen him on... it doesn't matter if you beat him deep, he'll catch back up to you, before the ball gets there. He tries to play very physical as well... only big problem is his size... he's short, small, and lack of reach... while he tries to play physical, some of the bigger WRs will bounce him around when he does.

Can definitely see that in the Memphis tape. Looked really solid against Miller with a couple PBUs. Mayhue bodied him up but he did get an OPI call as well. Looks to be a solid late round flier if nothing else. 

5 minutes ago, Kepler said:

No clue. It's the same issue I'm having justifying any trade up for James. Is no one concerned with his 3 cone? 

It is surprising that he timed that. I am more concerned about Minkah's testing than Derwin's though. 

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/minkah-fitzpatrick

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/derwin-james

48 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Would you guys trade 14 and Hundley to move up to top 10?

Um, are you seriously asking? ... if they offered me the very last pick in the NFL draft I might accept it for Hundley right now... so yeah, moving up spots in the 1st round, of course.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Mike Silver reporting Oakland’s “dream scenario” is to move down... ideally with Green Bay.

Makes a ton of sense for them. They're worse off on defense than we are...

19 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Mike Silver reporting Oakland’s “dream scenario” is to move down... ideally with Green Bay.

I guess they want to pick up a 3rd by barely moving at all? Otherwise I don't know how that is a dream... oh, they probably want DE Davenport to go with DE Mack (just a random guess)

Archived