2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

Just now, CWood21 said:

I think the question was posed if the Seachickens released him.  There were already rumblings that they were willing to listen to offers on Sherman during the offseason.  It might be hard to pay him $13.2M if he's not that #1 corner.

ahh got it.

19 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Hopefully we end up around 12-15 and either Arden Key or Chubb smoke some pot before the Combine, or one of the Clemson boys or Harold Landry rip up the Combine and make me feel a little better about them being studs.

gimmie landry over key personally 

16 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

With Adams yet again in a concussion protocol, I'm concerned about his health and his career. He might be in Sam Shields-land now. Jordy's lost a step, and there's no one else on the roster who might even come close to being a #1 receiver. It looks like a prudent move to use the second or third draft choice this spring on a WR, but rookies are rookies. Are there any potential WR FAs who might step in as a #1 for the Packers? I know it's early, but what veteran WR FA would be a good fit?

John Brown AZ - pass

Allen Robinson JAX  torn ACL early this year. Intriguing. Injury question might keep price down.  Thumbs up.

Sammy Watkins  LAR  hot and cold. All the tools.  I'd vote yes.  We have no one with his skill set.

Jarvis Landry  MIA  not a #1. I'd rather not see us spend money on another 'not fast' WR

13 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

gimmie landry over key personally 

I'll take the risk over safe this year. Landry is a Nick Perry type, he'll probably average 8ish sacks, be a useful player and get a nice 2nd contract, but I don't see a star there.

2016 Key was a Von Miller/Khalil Mack type prospect. Length, explosion, bend. Only reason we have a chance is because of the risk he brings.

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'll take the risk over safe this year. Landry is a Nick Perry type, he'll probably average 8ish sacks, be a useful player and get a nice 2nd contract, but I don't see a star there.

2016 Key was a Von Miller/Khalil Mack type prospect. Length, explosion, bend. Only reason we have a chance is because of the risk he brings.

No offense, but I just don't see either comparison. Landry is like 25 pounds lighter than Perry and Nick is a MF'ing FREAK. Landry is nowhere near that. 

Key doesn't have near the tape of Mack/Miller, unless there is a game that I am missing? He looks way closer to Leonard Floyd.

Clelin Ferrell 6'5" 265 LBS 4.75 Forty.

Strengths: Size is obvious. Power matches size. Quick first step. Effective inside stunt. Hussle is there. Flashes ability to finish with his hands.

Weaknesses: Not an obvious bender but uses power effectively to get to the spot. Few too many sacks resulted from coverage, surrounding cast. Total liability in coverage.

I don't see Ferrell as a fit in Green Bay. I think he'd be most effective as a 3Tech in a 43 where he can use his first step and power to penetrate. 

38 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I disagree. I watched the Miss St game and Key did have three impressive rushes. He really does have good bend and speed. The red flag I saw was his lack of bullrush. Hes not one to stick his arms out and push you back into the QB. He attempted but couldnt move the tackle at all. I dont know if hes just that weak or what. 

6 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Clelin Ferrell 6'5" 265 LBS 4.75 Forty.

Strengths: Size is obvious. Power matches size. Quick first step. Effective inside stunt. Hussle is there. Flashes ability to finish with his hands.

Weaknesses: Not an obvious bender but uses power effectively to get to the spot. Few too many sacks resulted from coverage, surrounding cast. Total liability in coverage.

I don't see Ferrell as a fit in Green Bay. I think he'd be most effective as a 3Tech in a 43 where he can use his first step and power to penetrate. 

I like ferrel but I agree with you. You watch the tape and he doesnt have the bend to get around to the QB usually goes right by him and his sacks came from other plays rather than him beating the tackle one on one.

20 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

No offense, but I just don't see either comparison. Landry is like 25 pounds lighter than Perry and Nick is a MF'ing FREAK. Landry is nowhere near that. 

Key doesn't have near the tape of Mack/Miller, unless there is a game that I am missing? He looks way closer to Leonard Floyd.

Saying someone is a "type" isn't comparing players, if he was like Nick Perry I'd say he reminds me of Nick Perry. Same with Key, he doesn't remind me of Miller, I'm talking career impact/ceilings.

Key has some special, I see a top 20 prospect with Landry, but I don't think he's ever going to be a star.

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Saying someone is a "type" isn't comparing players, if he was like Nick Perry I'd say he reminds me of Nick Perry. Same with Key, he doesn't remind me of Miller, I'm talking career impact/ceilings.

Key has some special, I see a top 20 prospect with Landry, but I don't think he's ever going to be a star.

So you are and you are not comparing them? :)

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

When he gets to pin his ears back he looks like a top 20 pick. Does well keeping track of the ball. Certainly can bend the edge. Plus athleticism. I think he'll do very well for himself against slower, less agile Tackles. I think the NFL starting caliber LTs can handle him on a down by down basis if they can keep their feet under them. But I'll take a guy that commands his opponents attention every play and has Landry's bend. Hope he is the floor for quality of our first rounder.

Archived