Jaguars vs. Steelers Divisional Playoff GDT

JLambert58

Mike Mitchell is entering Chris Kemoeatu levels of dislikability.      

In interviews, I actually kinda like him.  He is pretty well spoken and doesnt seem like an idiot.

On the field though....ughh.   

Please, just get rid of him.    And let Sean Davis follow him out.  

17 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Then let the Steelers throw their hat into the ring to get Matt Patricia. If he's that much better. Because Tomlin wanted to brag how big of a part he had in this defense earlier in the year.

You aren't going to go through the season fully healthy. And every year people want to use this or that injury as an excuse. It's an endless game of whac-a-mol.

bring him in, plus he knows the pats. I would do this . People here talk about no great coaches out there,  so what was cowher when we brought him in?

a rookie HC tutored by BB, perhaps would be even better than a rookie tutored under Marty. 

2 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't  it's too bad we'll never know.  Tomlin reserves his doghouse for selective infractions only.  (Mendenhall, etc).

or maybe, you know, maybe, since I have told you repeatedly I have a "buck stops here" mentality, I'd actually respect and commend him for acting like the authority figure , teacher, mentor, and coach he is employed to be.

He doesn't reserve his doghouse for selective infractions.  He uses it exclusively for bad play.  Hence Rogers sitting a long time.  Bryant is one of the few to get it for off field.

If anyone deserves it, it should have been Brown for live streaming in the lockerroom.  Bell for all his stuff.  You saying he should put our 2 best players in the doghouse?  Again another thing you would be complaining about if he actually followed through on what you want him to follow through on.

Oh yea, "the buck stops here" is a silly mentality.  "The root cause of the issue" is what the real mentality should be here....and I can tell you it isn't Tomlin.  Its the FO that forces assistants and coordinators on him.

6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Matt Patricia isnt Bill Belichick.   Coaching under him a few years doesnt give him Belichick's mind.    Lots of Belichick disciples have been busts as head coaches.

while lots of his coaching tree HAS failed, yes.  "few years" is an outright lie/distortion of his pedigree.

Looking ahead if Shazier isn't included in the 2018 salary cap and if we cut, JJ Wilcox, Vance McDonald, and William Gay, we will be nearly 21 million under the cap.  

Four million of that will go to the draft.

How much would it cost to bring back bell to a hefty contract?  Keep in mind it would be the first year of his contact so, would that mean he would due around seven million?

That leaves us with $10 million.  

Could we pick up someone like Trumaine Johnson?

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Mike Mitchell is entering Chris Kemoeatu levels of dislikability.      

In interviews, I actually kinda like him.  He is pretty well spoken and doesnt seem like an idiot.

On the field though....ughh.   

Please, just get rid of him.    And let Sean Davis follow him out.  

I really want to give him a shot with a real coverage safety.  I really do.  I think could be something that helps his career.

20 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

That's part of his record dude. Can you mention anything else?

Why are you restricting me?  Are you conceding his record is a solid point?

He has drafted fairly well, especially taking into account we have been drafting late in the first round most years.

Just now, August4th said:

wonder what goes through Mitchel's mind when watching tape

*shows film of him being too late on a pass*

Mitchel inner thought -"that WR needs to work on his biceps. He got nothing on me.. HOORAY!"

Or, Mitchell delivers a huge hit after giving up another first down in a game he played largely terrible in....

"Oh yeah.....who da man!?     Best safety in the league right HERE!!!!!! Aint no one drop the hammer like Mike Mitchell!!!!"   

Just now, DR43 said:

Why are you restricting me?  Are you conceding his record is a solid point?

He has drafted fairly well, especially taking into account we have been drafting late in the first round most years.

Because I want you to point out why he is a good coach without simply pointing out what he has accomplished. It SHOULD be a very simple exercise.

Archived