2017 Divisional Round

Leader

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Uh... The Vikings are going to dominate Nick Foles if it's on the moon. 

It's not like Foles is a complete bum. Heck his career passer rating is nearly identical to Derek Carr and Andrew Luck's and there are people who think they are the best young QBs in the league. 

Just now, Leader said:

Thats always the case. I'm not talking contract or $$$ - just why veer from the guy that got you there? Is Teddy that much better than Keenum? Bradford?

I'm not a Keenum fan - but he's produced. Thats gotta count for something. He was under "You screw up we're gonna pull you" all year - and he didnt screw up.

He gets them to the SB - or - he gets them to the SB and wins it? I dont see any reason to swap him out for either of the other guys on the roster now.

Absolutely agree.  Bradford and Bridgewater are heavy injury concerns even if they have a better pedigree.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Thats always the case. I'm not talking contract or $$$ - just why veer from the guy that got you there? Is Teddy that much better than Keenum? Bradford?

I'm not a Keenum fan - but he's produced. Thats gotta count for something. He was under "You screw up we're gonna pull you" all year - and he didnt screw up.

He gets them to the SB - or - he gets them to the SB and wins it? I dont see any reason to swap him out for either of the other guys on the roster now.

I see your point but some QBs are worth whatever you pay them. You can't overpay for a Manning, Rodgers, or Brady. You definitely can overpay for an average to above average QB and hamstring the rest of your team. Look at what Flacco got. They don't have a long term option at QB on their roster. That's gonna be their problem, especially if they are forced to shell out Top 12 QB to Case Keenum. I honestly have no idea what his market will be like though, so they may be able to re-sign him at a reasonable price. 

1 minute ago, beveaux1 said:

Likely Keenum will expect to get more money than whoever the Vikings choose among Bridgewater and Bradford.  That's where the conflict will occur.

Bradford accounted for 18M in CAP space this year.

Keenum - 2M (rounding up).

Take Bradford off the books.....and I'd say there's "room to negotiate".

22 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

It's not like Foles is a complete bum. Heck his career passer rating is nearly identical to Derek Carr and Andrew Luck's and there are people who think they are the best young QBs in the league. 

Yea for some reason people around here think Foles = Hundley. I don't get it. Foles is a vet who's had some good games in the past.

48 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Their offseason will be interesting however.

Shurmur is likely leaving... all 3 QBs are FAs I believe... who do they keep? They are going to go thru some big changes that might derail them next year and years to come.

Like most teams... they had a great year and they are riding the momentum. It will be interesting to see if they can finish.

Do they have any FAs on defense? Otherwise it's not really going to matter who plays QB. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Do they have any FAs on defense? Otherwise it's not really going to matter who plays QB. 

They have a great defense, but we were 4-1 when Rodgers went down.  I think a weak schedule and a fairly weak NFC makes the Vikings look better than they are.  We could very well have given them a run for the division, even with our defense.  Losing Rodgers pointed out what needs to be fixed.  Next year might be a different story.

Archived