2017 Divisional Round

Leader

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We're going to push the notion that the Packers don't use pre snap motion, aren't we? That's the new thing?

I didn't see a single instance of the kind of play Minny ran for the first TD. Motion Cobb in jet sweep motion and toss to Jones going the opposite direction.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I didn't see a single instance of the kind of play Minny ran for the first TD. Motion Cobb in jet sweep motion and toss to Jones going the opposite direction.

If your argument is that we don't run plays like that, you're correct, but we do plenty of motioning around to get better blocking angles and stacking receivers. We ran a lot more plays like that when Cobb still had wheels. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You made the claim that we don't use motion. You back up your argument with evidence.

The only type of motion we use regularly is the standard man/zone determining motion.

Use Cobb/Monty/Jones as misdirection motion and come back with a run, screen, bootleg to the opposite side. We also have to find a way to actually run the jet motion like every other team does and not lose 3 yards for any of that to work.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The only type of motion we use regularly is the standard man/zone determining motion.

Use Cobb/Monty/Jones as misdirection motion and come back with a run, screen, bootleg to the opposite side. We also have to find a way to actually run the jet motion like every other team does and not lose 3 yards for any of that to work.

Bull****.

We run a ton of motion in the run game. 

Running our Slot WR to a wing back spot so he can half assedly cut block a DE is a statement of our running game that drives me freaking insane. 

The lack of the utilization of the Jet Motion is in some part the fault of Aaron Rodgers. If your QB hates throwing to RBs, the jet motion isn't going to be in your wheelhouse.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:
7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Not nearly as much as other teams seem to do.  If you have statistics that state otherwise, I would be happy to see that.

You made the claim that we don't use motion. You back up your argument with evidence.

Please show me where I said that GB does not use motion.

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We're going to push the notion that the Packers don't use pre snap motion, aren't we? That's the new thing?

We use Pre Snap motion constantly. We do it a ton in the run game especially. 

Show me the stats that we use presnap motion constantly.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bull****.

We run a ton of motion in the run game. 

Running our Slot WR to a wing back spot so he can half assedly cut block a DE is a statement of our running game that drives me freaking insane. 

I don't really consider anything not done full speed to be a motion. That's just a formation change to me. I mean Cobb/TE literally trots to the backfield. 

I guess a better statement is GB needs to start snapping the ball with players in motion as a means of misdirection.

Just now, packfanfb said:

They're not asleep, just being physically dominated by a great defense. No freebies against Minny at home.

Brees has missed every pass he's thrown too. I mean he's had some 1st down throws to gain 5-8 yards and he's missed. Can't get into long yardage situations with their D. Brees has looked like I figured Keenum would.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Brees has missed every pass he's thrown too. I mean he's had some 1st down throws to gain 5-8 yards and he's missed. Can't get into long yardage situations with their D. Brees has looked like I figured Keenum would.

That's being caused by the Vikings though. There's a reason Brees always looks comfortable against us but not against some teams like Minny today. This is patented Brees against a good defense. 

Archived